Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coffee Lover's Gift Basket


As a coffee lover I was so excited to see the new set My Cuppa' Joe by Gina K Designs, illustrated by Rupa Shevde. From a very early age, I was enamored with the dark liquid my mom & dad drank on a daily basis. My mom, with cream & sugar and my dad black & scorching hot! He must have had a raw tongue because as soon as the coffee was poured, he downed it. Whoa! My mom never wanted me to drink it, she said it would make me dark & stunt my growth. Huh?! What?! Well, I am a rebel so I always got a sip and when it was time for me to make decisions on my own I was all about the java! Always have been and always will be. But, I am a no-frills coffee drinker - no flavored creamer, no double shot, whipped, mocha, soy, etc. When I go to Starbucks, I have the house blend, that's my favorite. With half & half and organic sugar. I am blessed to work in an office where coffee is free! I made this basket keeping in mind some of things I would love to get. The basket is actually from a Starbuck's gift basket I got from my sisters & brother-in-laws last Christmas. The pink & brown ribbon is from Carolina, wide, double-sided & wired it is perfect for this gift!

Here are close-ups of all the contents: I stamped a tile coaster and placed cork on the bottom. The treat is dark chocolate & white chocolate covered coffee beans - so yummy! Then I made a coaster magnet with that great saying 'Behind every successful woman is a whole latte coffee'. I covered the round coaster with au chocolate designer paper and layered the nestability-cut image.

Next up is an ATC sized card and a coffee mug I got from Dollar Tree perfect for placing a holiday rub-on by SU! on (of course it will wash off). Then I made some chocolate dipped spoons, covering them with a plastic bag and added a tag & ribbon.

Here is a coffee bag I filled with some yummy coffee - Sumatra, my absolute favorite coffee (I scored a lb for $4.50 at World Market - doesn't get any better than that!)

Lastly, a coffee bag filled with cocoa because that is another great thing to put in a coffee mug! Yum. I also put a bag of Chocolate Chip Scones (left side back of the basket), the bag was so cute I left it alone. I hope you enjoyed this Coffee Lover's basket idea! Pin It

26 comments on "Coffee Lover's Gift Basket"

Catherine on 8:32 AM CST said...

Donna, you always make the BEST and PERFECT gift set all the time. It's gorgeous :)

Deb Wood on 9:31 AM CST said...

What an amazing gift, so gorgeous!! I can't wait to buy this set and I don't even drink coffee!

Alex on 9:58 AM CST said...

This is AMAZING Donna, WOW!! I would go crazy over a gift like this - you always make such beautiful, thoughtful gifts!! I love this set and just got mine in the mail yesterday so I have not had the chance to play - yet! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stamp and Smile on 10:22 AM CST said...

Popping in from SCS! Love your basket of goodies you designed... so fantastic! Great talenet you have and thanks for sharing! Smiles... :)

Amanda on 10:31 AM CST said...

Wow what a fantastic gift set you have made. Would be very pleased to receive something like that. It is wonderful.
Amanda
x

Jessie/knightrone on 11:03 AM CST said...

What an amazing gift set girl...you are so awesome!!

Kristine on 11:14 AM CST said...

holy JAVA girlfriend!! That's waaay SWEET--anyone would love to get this beautiful basket, choc full of LOVE :)

Christi Flores on 11:44 AM CST said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! My address is... LOL This is amazing girl!!!

Rose Ann on 12:49 PM CST said...

Wow, Donna!! Your ensemble is javalicious!! I think you thought of everything here...and it totally ROCKS, girl!! ;)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 12:56 PM CST said...

Beautiful gift. Love the tile!!

Cindy Haffner on 12:59 PM CST said...

Oh fun, what a great gift idea.

Unknown on 1:01 PM CST said...

Hey Donna...this gift set looks so professionally done. I now a lot of peeps who would love to get this! Your talent in creating and designing is truly amazing. I'm in awe.

milkshake007 on 1:49 PM CST said...

So did I win.....?
Thought I'd try....lol

What an awesome gift basket you created!! I just love it all! And I really need to buy that stamp set!

Thanks for sharing!!

Theresa Momber on 2:23 PM CST said...

Wow, Donna, this gift basket is fabulous! Gorgeous cards and accents and great gift ideas!

Melanie on 6:55 PM CST said...

wow, I missed thiese pics in the party, Iread comments that people were talkign about the gift basket, but I didn't see it inall's it coffe splendor until now!
WOW!!!!!!(did I say that already??)

love the coaster! :)

6 wacky women on 11:05 PM CST said...

Beautiful gifts in that lovely basket. You did a wonderful job of all of them. I just love it!
Karen

Lee on 2:15 AM CST said...

Ummmmmmmmmm...............OF COURSE I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! OMGosh is this just SPECtacular and over the top amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Donna.......you never cease to amaze me with your talent and your ideas!!!! I definitely want to make some gift baskets and this is so perfect!!!

Unknown on 7:36 AM CST said...

Wow Donna!! What a great great gift collection - love how everything coordinates!! :)

DoodleFactory on 12:19 PM CST said...

Such a phenomenal gift set! This is better than anything you can buy at the Coffee Bean or Starbucks.

Unknown on 3:11 PM CST said...

Wow, Donna!! I LOVE this whole set! You are so talented and sharing it with us!

Juliana on 4:49 PM CST said...

Donna, this is WONDERFUL!!!
Not only is the concept of an entire basket of coffee goodies just a dream come true, but I love how you did each piece!!!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Jodi Collins on 6:28 PM CST said...

This ROCKS Donna! WOW!!!!!

Jodi Collins on 6:28 PM CST said...

This ROCKS Donna! WOW!!!!!

Libby Hickson on 12:25 AM CST said...

What a great project - and oh so yummy! What did you use for coloring on your coaster? I want to make some colored ones as fundraisers for my service club, but I've only used StazOn on coasters.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea!!!! And, if you don't mind, I'm totally going to case this idea for some Christmas gifts this year.

Carolina on 6:57 PM CST said...

Well, you know all these projects are just my favs so far this week from you. Finally got around to posting your adorable gifts you sent me. The photos really don't do them justice...thanks again! They look adorable on my tree and know that a thank you card is on its way shortly...sorry for the delay in sending it to you.

Post a Comment