Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Craft Lounge Cuties!


If you spend much time blurfing you will know that Joy & Cambria teamed up with Marianne and another friend to bring the stamping world stamps that are just too fun!! I had to get in on them because I have grand ideas to scrap my niece & of course make her fun gifts! The company is called Our Craft Lounge and they have set up a forum where we can chat with announcements, challenges, contests, etc. I made this card using their first sketch challenge, I just fell in love with Lil' Pea-Nut & Dr. Pea-Nut because I don't have any elephant stamps - they're just so original!

I finally got the whole set of copic spica pens from Gina K Designs (had about 4 prior to that I used a lot and knew I wanted the rest). Well they came in the prettiest silver organdy bag and on this card I used pink on the hearts and red & green on the flowers & grass.

My first project I decided to make, since you can make Lola (on the left) and Anna Mae (on the right) big & lil' sisters - was some gift packaging for the sweetest big sister & lil' sister matching necklaces I got for our cousins in East TX Chloe (6 yrs old) and Madison (almost 3) for Christmas! Chloe has long straight brown hair & Madison has medium length red curly hair they are both sweet girls & I know they will adore these tins and the fact they have matching necklaces because Madison adores her big sister. I was able to capture their personalities here too, Chloe is a little cheerleader at school & Madison can have a little 'tude so here they are! Both girls love the color purple and I used my JustRite DIY Monogram stamper with the small alpha for Madison & big - lil' sister and the Curlz Alpha (C in Chloe) and Brayton font (hloe).

What drew me to these sets was the ability to mix & match outfits & legs and the option to have crafty cling to be able to see where you stamp is what allowed me to stamp exactly where I needed to! Of course there is an option to have die cut red rubber which is nice too (which is what I prefer to stamp with, unless I know I will want to do a lot of layering & masking). Check out Cambria's post for some great pics of the packaging-I am very exciting about it! It is just like Taylored Expressions Stamp a Sweet Impression line. Pretty soon I will have my sets in binders, easy to find & use!

Here is a close-up of Madison. I outlined both girls with my stardust glitter pen.

Pic of the inside of the tin - used What's In Your Tin 1 by Gina K Designs to decorate the insides. these necklaces were $ (for both) what a deal! You know we don't have to buy really expensive gifts as long as we have cute packaging! Be sure to check out all the other sets released by Our Craft Lounge - I'm sure there is something that will appeal to YOU (there I go again with the enabling).
Pin It

11 comments on "Our Craft Lounge Cuties!"

Unknown on 2:34 PM CST said...

YOU ROCK!! These tins are just OVER THE TOP CUTE!! You clever girl! :)

Love lil' peanut too.. great job on that sketch! :)

Joy on 2:42 PM CST said...

Donna, I looooooove it! These are soooooo cute! Those tins are just WOW! and I love what you did with Pea-Nut! :)

Alex on 2:45 PM CST said...

Totally adorable projects Donna - I am lovin' those cute little tins and you ROCKED my sketch!! WOW!! Awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Libby Hickson on 2:56 PM CST said...

Oh these are so adorable Donna!! Just LOVE your tins!!

Rose Ann on 4:22 PM CST said...

Your elephant is so adorable, and I totally love your tins, Donn!! You've ROCKED those images, girl!!

Denise Marzec on 4:57 PM CST said...

What a great idea to add the shimmer around his ears...soooo cute!!

Lee on 8:04 PM CST said...

Oh I saw those stinkin' ADORABLE elephants!!!! And what cutie patootie creations.....well of course!!! You are my stamping HERO!!! :)

Laura (scrapnextras) on 9:50 PM CST said...

Just adorable! Cute images, beautiful colouring and a fabulous little set!

Melanie on 9:58 AM CST said...

adorable tins! this girl's a cutie!

Catherine on 3:15 PM CST said...

Gret job on enabling...LOL! I keep telling myself that i don't need this set but it's really hard.

Love it!

Shirley on 10:32 PM CST said...

What a darlling card and that elelphant is just so cute! The gift tins are beautiful too! What pretty colors and great inside too!

Post a Comment