Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 3 Gina K Sneak Peeks - Release Day!


Gina K's daughter Alicia did it again - a cute tween/teen set to appeal to that difficult age where they are finding their niche, getting through school, learning how to make/keep friends and basically having fun! The set is called 'Best Friends'. I hear a lot of people say they would not want to do high school over again but I beg to differ, I think it would be fun/challenge at the same time no matter what era you do it in. I remember fondly a great deal of memories good & bad that I wouldn't trade for the world because I know they shaped me into the person I am today as well as my best friends who although we have gone our separate ways, will always hold a special place in my heart. One thing's for sure I didn't know a thing about stamping back then and wish I did! Since I was Gina K's guest designer last month & made a cute gift for her daughter Rina, I thought it would be a great idea to make a little gift to send to Alicia and how appropriate, using her new set! I set out to do a little shopping since I knew I wanted to make her a little canvas tote bag (leftover from a stamp club project) and found on clearance a cute girly set of iron on transfers (about 8 different ones) in a pkg for $1.29! Then, ribbon on the spool was 1/2 price so I got a turquoise to match for $.50 - score!


I stamped the girls in the set on the front with Memento Tuxedo black ink and heat set but realized it was not quite dark enough so I went over that with my Copic multiliner pen (permanent) and heat set it. Then I ironed on the patches on the front & back (realizing now that I forgot to take a picture of the back- doh!) Then I glued on the ribbon, placing bows below the handles & topping with Bling & Dazzle mega rhinestones.

Next, I made a matching small notebook (covering with DCVW Rock Star stack which I think works great with this set) and added a small pen with a ribbon loop. Here is a picture of the inside. Lastly, I made Alicia some calling cards & a holder to put them in just like the Scripture holder I made for my guest spot project last month for Gina K. Here is a template for it, in case you missed that post. I have Basic Grey small magnetic snaps holding the flap down.

Here is a sweet Thank You email I got from Alicia this week:
"I wanted to thank you so much for making me the beautiful gift with my stamp set. I was really surprised when my Mom gave it to me. I love it so much. It really means a lot 2 me."


'Tree Silhouettes' is such a beautiful set, illustrated by Gina K - it qualifies as the One Free with 3 set (so purchase any 3 sets from Gina K and you get it free - in case you didn't know, she has that every month in addition to free shipping with a $35 order, that's so easy to do!). How nice! I used glossy paper for my background and brayered on several layers of blues and without realizing, my brayer had been dirty, I thought I'd cleaned it before I returned it to my desk and all of a sudden, it turned this gorgeous purple! Serendipitous! I stamped the trees in black, careful not to smear and finished it off with inking up just the word 'Friend' since I did not have enough space for the full greeting - there are 2 in the set which are wonderful about friends. The black ribbon I believe is by May Arts (bought at my LSS almost 2 yrs ago) and the rhinestone is by SU! My cardbase is Gina's Pure Luxury 120 lb white cardstock. This card is so pretty IRL and it was an afterthought to add a little sparkle but I left it alone. Sometimes less is more.

Hope to 'see' you at the release party tonight! 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST for challenges, contests, more sneak peeks, reveals of full stamp sets and best of all - fun chat with our fellow stampers!

Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration from the Gina K Design Team:

Gina Krupsky
Joanne Basile
Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Kurtis Amundson
Melanie Muenchinger

Courtney Fowler – In the Spotlight Designer

Michelle Giraud – Special post using Best Friends

Pin It

15 comments on "Day 3 Gina K Sneak Peeks - Release Day!"

Elena on 12:20 AM CST said...

Very precious gift set!!! Love yuor card with the trees too! So elegant!

Cat Tidwell on 4:58 AM CST said...

Beautiful on those trees Donna, happy little accidents, love em! And the gift set, WOW! What neat ideas!

Courtney on 5:02 AM CST said...

Awww, That is so cute and sweet of you! Love your card, too!

Kurtis on 6:29 AM CST said...

WOW Donna!! The ensemble is fantastic and that winter card just blew me away!

Theresa Momber on 7:24 AM CST said...

Great projects, Donna! Great idea for a gift set and your card is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! You're always thinking out of the box, I love that!

Melanie on 8:14 AM CST said...

especially love hwo you dressed up the top of the bag with the ribbon! like the card carrying member idea, hee hee!

fabulous brayered card!! (cleaning stamps/brayers is for the birds!)

Alex on 9:42 AM CST said...

YOU are amazing Donna - not just your creations, which are fabulous, but YOU! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolyn King on 10:18 AM CST said...

super cute gift...no wonder Alicia loved it...beautiful card too! Love how you showcased those trees!

Unknown on 1:14 PM CST said...

Donna, how beautiful!! I love your gift set for Alicia - you're such a thoughtful person! And the tree card, well, I love it when dirty brayers work out so well! heehee... awesome!

Sharri on 1:26 PM CST said...

I love the gift set you made for Alicia! The tree card is beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:11 PM CST said...

Awesome work as always girl!! You rock!!

Angie Tieman on 8:25 PM CST said...

Cute stuff!! Love that tree silhouette card!

Lee on 1:49 AM CST said...

You do make the most amazing gift sets Donna!!! And what a wonderful and sweet tribute to Alicia!!! You ROCK my friend!!!!!

Shirley on 8:37 PM CST said...

I fell in love with this card the moment I saw it! I like the colors and love the ribbon too!

Post a Comment