Friday, November 21, 2008

TECC43 - Reindeer Gift


For a while now I've been wanting to make some reindeer food & thought I may as well to go along with Taylor's sketch for this week. I think it would be real fun for my sister & Gabby to follow the instructions on Christmas Eve as they await the arrival of Santa:

"Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home"

I stamped REINDEER FOOD with white StazOn ink on the cello bag using my Brayton font by JustRite Stampers, lining it up on my Harmony Rectangular wood stamp and again on the bag topper, which I kept real simple. Inside the bag I used oatmeal & fire engine red glitter. The dp & other embellishments are all in the Christmas key ingredients package - all supplies available in the Taylored Expressions store. I sugared up my brads in the upper left by dipping them in the essentials glue pad (I got in a LSS in Seattle) & then the fire engine red glitter. FUN!

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!! You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch! You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em?? You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC43. Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out! You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, November 24 at 8:00 a.m. PST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors. Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

And this week's cupcake sampler Laura Frederickson at Scrapnextras!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog to see who our Friday Friend is!

Pin It

20 comments on "TECC43 - Reindeer Gift"

Sherrie on 10:14 AM CST said...

Ack! How adorable! Love that you stamped on the kraft paper and that reindeer food is so clever!

Jackie Pedro on 10:34 AM CST said...

What a darling project, Donna!!

Love the new look of your blog...

Vicki Chrisman on 10:45 AM CST said...

Super cute.. as is the one below!!!

Jami on 12:01 PM CST said...

So cute Donna - love the paper piecing! It's funny - I thought about doing reindeer food when we first saw the set and then I prompltly forgot all about it. Love what you did and I may just have to CASE! TFS!

Stephanie Hargis on 12:29 PM CST said...

Another adorable gift set girl! :) I love that reindeer food bag! It goes so well with your card!

((hugs))

P.S. I loved the comment you left me! Hehe! I can definitely feel for ya! Take it easy today! :D

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:30 PM CST said...

Super cute!! What a fun little project to make for the kiddos! Thanks for the great idea :)

Denise Marzec on 1:21 PM CST said...

Oh my gosh, I loooove this project!! What fun!

Libby Hickson on 3:11 PM CST said...

Oh how super cute Donna!!

Taylor on 3:11 PM CST said...

Soooo cute, Donna! I love the reindeer food idea and your execution is so perfect! Cuppie stamped on kraft and colored is something I must try too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:16 PM CST said...

Super cute Donna! Love the image on Kraft... the paper-piecing, the way you tied the ribbon... TFS!

Carolina on 6:43 PM CST said...

Okay, one word...brilliant! I love this little set. You never cease to amaze me. So happy I'm finally able to check in on your adorable creations.

Hope you're doing okay...big hugs!

Catherine on 7:00 PM CST said...

too cute and that cupcake is just perfect for this project :)

Unknown on 7:01 PM CST said...

Super cute little set Donna! :)

Theresa Momber on 7:18 PM CST said...

Sooooo cute! I love this gift set!

Sharri on 9:06 PM CST said...

Donna, What a wonderful gift set. You continue to amaze me with your talent. I love the reindeer food. I have a couple smaller people that would love to getsomething like that.

Ila on 9:15 PM CST said...

I love this card! and the reindeer food is such a Super Cute idea!!...Hugs, Ila

Jessie/knightrone on 9:49 PM CST said...

Totally cute...I love making reindeer food for the girls...I just wish it would actually snow on Christmas so they can see it!!

Rose Ann on 10:01 PM CST said...

Your card is darling, and I love your use of the Kraft paper!! I love your reindeer food as well!! Awesome, Donna!!

Linsey R on 1:26 PM CST said...

Mucho adorable!!!! I ADORE this idea! :) xoxo

Shirley on 10:28 PM CST said...

What a cute card Donna for such a 'sweet' gift! How pretty the colors are too!

Post a Comment