Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks...


Not only today, but every day I like to give thanks because there are just so many reasons to be grateful for being alive!

Here are a few Thanksgiving cards I made to send out this past week. I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge (WSC67) from last weekend, embossing the leaves from Botanical Dreams in gold on kraft cardstock (surprise!) and I am pleased with the look! On the first card I colored the leaves with prismacolor & koh-i-noor pencils, blending with baby oil & stumps. The greeting is by SU! Thanks for Everything. The designer paper is by Archiver's (a paper pack I got free last year of all Fall colors).

This card was colored in with copic markers - I kind of like the look but copic coloring is not my favorite medium, I really was curious how it looked on kraft cardstock though. The designer paper used here is mellow by Basic Grey.

Now Stuff You Need to Know!

Gina K posted a wonderful video as a follow-up to all the cards we sent for Cards for the Troops (celebrating World Card-Making Day) it was over 2,000 and I have to admit I cried the duration of the video, just moved by the feelings of gratitude captured as well as the gratitude in my heart for all their sacrifice & their family's sacrifice to live without them. I am so proud to have been part of something bigger than me and happy my cards brought smiles to more than one person's face! Please leave me a note to let me know you saw it & what you thought!
24-hour Specials - Friday November 28th in the Gina K store {midnight to midnight} - be sure to check them out!

Taylored Expressions is having a Thanksgiving Sale starting today and runs through Sunday night 11/30! All orders $40 or more qualify for FREE shipping & remember the JustRite Buy one, get one free promo - Taylor has a lot of great JustRite products in her store. At checkout, enter promotional code THANKFUL4U (all caps, no spaces).
Sharon Harnist & Lori Craig have special projects & sweet giveaways to share using Stamp a Sweet Impression stamps & Copic Markers!

Bonnie has some awesome blog candy!

I hope y'all celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow enjoy your day, have safe travels & eat all the good stuff you want without the guilt!

I'll be back on Friday with Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch!
Pin It

10 comments on "Give Thanks..."

Crissy Armstrong on 8:22 AM CST said...

Both of these are beautiful!

Angie Tieman on 9:44 AM CST said...

These are beautiful! Love the embossing and the big "thanks"! HOpe y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Christi Flores on 12:17 PM CST said...

Your cards are gorgeous!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Angie on 12:28 PM CST said...

Great Thanksgiving cards Donna. I love your work! I watched the video on Gina's blog and it brought me to tears. I am on both sides of the video, both the cardmaker, and a deployed spouse. BTW, I bought some doodlefactory images last night and used your discount code, thanks! Although, I hope I didn't jump the gun before they have a Black Friday sale! oh well...

Cat Tidwell on 6:10 PM CST said...

Yep, watched the video, gave me chill bumps and tears! soo awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family my friend, I'm thankful to have 'found' you!

Gorgeous cards as usual!

Monika/Buzsy on 6:53 PM CST said...

Happy Thanksgiving Donna! Love the embossed leaves! Great colors too... TFS!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:19 PM CST said...

Very pretty Donna!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

Rose Ann on 10:57 PM CST said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous, Donna!! I love your embossing and beautiful coloring!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Donna!! Hugs!!

Lee on 2:44 AM CST said...

Ohhh just warm and wonderful colors!!!! I love the elegance of the embossing! Hope you and John were able to have a truly happy Thanksgiving!!! Hugs to you my friend!!!!

Kim Dellow on 7:22 AM CST said...

Oh wow this is beautiful. Kim

Post a Comment