Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 1 Gina K Sneak Peeks


As a coffee lover, I am SO excited about Rupa's new Set My Cuppa' Joe! I wanted to make a special gift to send to my friend Carolina whose blog is Carolina's Creative Pad Fueled by Coffee & Cupcakes so my muffins in Rupa's set are cupcakes here! I made the card 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 so it fit inside the box I made (origami box tutorial) using SU!'s retired Au Chocolate.

You must see the inside of the box, I found 2 ornaments for Carolina - coffee mug & cupcake! The lipbalm is coconut cupcake (since that's what kind of cupcake we are-HA)!

For my next project I took one of my JustRite monogram stamper kit's empty boxes and made it pretty to present a handmade gift. Sorry the box was upside down.

I covered the box like a present with Basic Grey Figgy Pudding designer paper. I used the new set Funky Christmas & Seasonal Sayings on the tag. I love these cute carolers! I think the perfect ribbon for this gift is Gina K's pure luxury ribbon - the white satin with gold trim is so pretty!

Here is a close-up of the tag so you can see the clear spica pen accent on the carolers. I colored
them with re-inkers (rose red, so saffron, old olive & baja breeze)

Here is the inside, I added more sayings from Seasonal Sayings for the recipe attached & a tag to keep the wax paper closed.

And finally here is the homemade goodness on the inside of the box! Hershey's Special Dark Fudge Truffles. YUM YUM!!!

SPECIAL DARK Fudge Truffles

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream
  • Various coatings such as toasted chopped pecans, coconut, powdered sugar, cocoa or small candy pieces

Directions:
1. Combine chocolate chips and cream in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.

2. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in coating. Cover; store in refrigerator. About 3 dozen truffles.

Be sure to check out the other Gina K design team's creations and be sure to come to the release party Thursday November 13th 7:00-10:00 pm CST in the forum. We will have lots of challenges, contests, free stamps & fun!! Hope to 'see' you there!
Pin It

30 comments on "Day 1 Gina K Sneak Peeks"

Anonymous said...

You are a rockstar.

Carolyn King on 1:09 AM CST said...

Fabulous Donna--I love your creative gifts!!! BEautiful!

Catherine on 1:15 AM CST said...

They're just awesome, Donna. Love it!

Alex on 1:57 AM CST said...

These are amazing Donna, I just love them!!! That coffee set sounds wonderful...you have me hooked!!! You are just such a fabulous talent, my friend!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauri on 3:24 AM CST said...

What a beautiful and yummy gift! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melanie on 6:07 AM CST said...

I really like how you puyt the bar code ON the tag instesad of the back, it is cute enough to be on the front, hgreat idea! Fabulous projects and post!

Theresa Momber on 6:07 AM CST said...

Donna, you totally rock! These are fabulous!!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:26 AM CST said...

What awesome creations Donna! Caroline will be thrilled I'm sure ..anybody would! Wonderful ideas!

Kurtis on 7:08 AM CST said...

What a cute idae!

Monika/Buzsy on 7:13 AM CST said...

Love both boxes Donna! Especially the first one... love the brown color. I am a coffee drinker and I am missing it sooo much.. but baby doesn't need that so I have to be good. TFS!

buggin2stamp on 8:06 AM CST said...

I love what you created with the coffee set. And your gift for you friend is so cool. You put so much thought into. Thanks for sharing the recipe for truffles too. Hope to see you at Gina's party.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:29 AM CST said...

Gorgeous projects, Donna and YUMMY looking cookies!

Sharri on 8:41 AM CST said...

Donna, These are awesome gifts! You are very talented!

Unknown on 9:27 AM CST said...

Donna!!! I'm in love with your awesome projects! You are the 3D Queen here at GKD - thanks for sharing all your talents with us!

Christi Flores on 10:00 AM CST said...

Your project is amazing Donna!!! That coffee set WILL be mine! LOL

Christina Fischer on 10:18 AM CST said...

Okay, you are amazing!!! Your projects are incredible -- I love the thought and attention to detail you put into them!

Thanks for the recipe, too! YUM! :)

Cindy Lawrence on 10:49 AM CST said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful projects! Those truffles look amazing...gonna have to try that recipe! What wonderful gift package as well...especially love the carolers!

Carolina on 11:53 AM CST said...

LOVEEEEEEEE my gifts. I'm sure the ornaments are going to look perfect on my tree and the box is just darlin'! Thank you for making me such a wonderful set.

The other box is just yummmmy! You know I have a soft spot for altered items and you've done an great job with this one. The tag is precious and love the bar code - it gives the tag such a shabby look!

Deb Wood on 12:17 PM CST said...

Fabulous gifts!!! Oh and those Truffles, yummmmmmmmmmy!!

I'm in love with the new coffee set!

thestampinglady on 2:08 PM CST said...

Great gifts--I would love to receive any of them. Thanks for the truffles recipe--I want to try them too. I just subscribed to your blog--it was my first visit here and I am so happy I did. darlene

JessicaK on 2:10 PM CST said...

Carolina is a lucky friend - the present looks gorgeous. BTW-I loved the name of her blog, so I just had to peek and have added her to my dailing viewing list. You've got talented friends.

Linsey R on 3:50 PM CST said...

OH wow!! These gift ensembles are so sweet, I'm getting a toothache!!! :) What delightful and fun projects, Donna! I love it all!

Jennifer Love on 4:38 PM CST said...

Get OUT! These are so super-duper!

Sharon in NE on 5:59 PM CST said...

All great!

Angie Tieman on 9:05 PM CST said...

Look at you with all of these *yummy* projects! Great job!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:19 PM CST said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC...I agree with Gina..you are a rockstar!!

Lee on 11:31 PM CST said...

Oh Donna!!! You sure have done it again!! Created the most fun and personalized gifts!!! I'm soooo stinkin' excited about the sneak peeks and just can't wait for Thursday!!!!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 6:48 AM CST said...

You are freakin' amazing! I feel like I just gained 10 pounds looking at those truffles and I don't mind a bit!

Rose Ann on 9:12 PM CST said...

I'm loving both of these, Donna!! You are so creative and talented, girl!!

Shirley on 8:35 PM CST said...

What a pretty gift box. I got so involved with your adorable children I forgot to tell you how adorable your Christmas card was too!

Post a Comment