Monday, November 17, 2008

SA Doodlefactory Challenge - Let's make a Scene!!


Donna D. on the SA design team suggested in the Starving Artistamps group on Papercraft Planet that we start a weekly dt challenge, and well you know me & a challenge~love 'em! I am starting with this first one.

I love making a scene (not an obnoxious in your face kind of one but with my stamps!) specifically, my Doodlefactory stamps which lend themselves to creative gathering of the characters since they are sized relatively the same. That is one of the first things that drew me to Starving Artistamps - the Doodlefactory images. Irene does a bang up job with their expressions, I love the fact they are all named-it brings them to life for me!

My challenge this week is to make a scene of some sort - tell a story with your stamps.

My card uses Santa, his sleigh-full of presents & the North Pole, I made some snow by tearing paper and covered it with stickles. I love this Santa (his beard is covered with Liquid Pearls, I love how the sun is reflecting on it, love the shine! Santa is just the jolliest around! He is raring to get to the North Pole or Bust! This set totally reminds me of the year I was 11 years old and I was in the Christmas play at school, I was Jolly the head elf. I remember wearing red tights, green shirt & shorts and had a cute elf hat & shoes. All my best friends were in the play too. The funniest thing I remember is when Donald Chew (can't remember his character name) was so nervous during the play, when he went to get the tray of cookies from the table accidentally spilled them ALL over the floor! No big deal except they were really checkers so they all rolled and made a bunch of noise and nearly everyone lost character (but didn't!) because it was so funny! The audience couldn't help it though, I heard some laughs from them!

I hope you have a chance to play & upload your card to the SA/DF group so we can see your creation & feel free to post on your blogs to get the word out about these fun stamps! If you have doodlefactory stamps, please use them it's fun but if you don't please play anyway then go get some DF stamps *wink* Edited to Add: please use keyword SADT111708 if uploading to PCP or SCS!

Pin It

10 comments on "SA Doodlefactory Challenge - Let's make a Scene!!"

Rose Ann on 11:55 PM CST said...

Yay...another adorable Sweet Shoppe card!! Your little scene is so cute, and your coloring is wonderful!!

Lee on 12:44 AM CST said...

You make it look waaaaaaaay easy and it's not for me!!! LOL But I am gonna try!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:12 AM CST said...

TOoo cute Donna! Love your coloring on this! Got my stamps yesterday, and gonna cut out today! woot!

Catherine on 8:36 AM CST said...

You sure love to make a scene :)
but i always have a hard time with this challenge but i'll sure try, love my DF :)

Jessie/knightrone on 9:02 AM CST said...

This is so cute!! Love it!!

Donna on 9:24 AM CST said...

What a scene! I love your card, and what a great story to go with it.

Deb Wood on 9:32 AM CST said...

Oh my, this is just too cute!!

Alex on 9:59 AM CST said...

How totally cute Donna!!! I love that sweet image, and your coloring is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolina on 6:58 PM CST said...

What an adorable scene and that santa is just precious!

Shirley on 1:14 PM CST said...

He is too precious for words and pertty too! I really like how you did the snow and his beard! Creative.

Post a Comment