Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cinema Saturday with Gina K. Designs


sparkly dress

I can hardly believe there is a challenge blog out there I’ve known about for quite a few months and have never participated in.  In addition to that, it’s all about being inspired by movies to create a card or project and I LOVE watching movies!!  And, it is run by one of my favorite fellow design team members, Sankari Wegman who I just adore. Lastly, it’s been almost a YEAR her & her friend Brooke have been bringing blogland the challenges because this week it’s the 50th challenge!  Well, Gina K. Designs is sponsoring the giveaway and I thought it was a great time to take the plunge & play along!  The movie this week is Pretty Woman, which I really loved and cannot recall how many times I watched it (I know it was at least 3).  

I chose (just like  lot of others) to use Retro Boutique illustrated by Rupa for Gina K. Designs.  I find it fascinating how clothes can really change someone’s attitude.  I love all the fun she had while shopping in the snooty boutique after he set the snooty women straight.  Well, as much as I loved the story, the happy ending and such – the movie just left me wanting more and was sadly disappointed there was no sequel to the movie.  So my card was inspired by what I would have liked to see happen – I wanted to see them get married so I created a beautiful, sparkly white gown.  One of the requirements for this challenge is to paper-piece and I did that but it’s hard to tell.  I paper-pieced her dress but with white cardstock so it can be more sturdy after I put stardust stickles on it.  It’s o.k. though, as part of GKD design team, I’m not eligible to win the prize – I’m just playing for fun!  I also combined this challenge with a few Clean and Simple challenges, which I am behind on: CAS32 (wedding card) and CAS33 (sketch).  I added some real stitching since I got a new Janome Sew Mini last week (fun!).  The pattern paper is Basic Grey Sultry and the embellishments are bling & dazzle sateen flowers with flower rhinestone centers. 

I hope you will have time to play along – Gina is giving away a prize package worth over $60!   Have fun!!

Before you leave, in case you missed the BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS on Gina K.’s Blog yesterday – we welcomed the new CSS design team & a new member to the Sr. Design Team!!

Pin It

7 comments on "Cinema Saturday with Gina K. Designs"

Danni on 2:42 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful card!!

Lori on 3:48 PM CDT said...

Just delightful! The sparkles really make the dress. :)

Juli Smith, on 9:04 PM CDT said...

So feminine and sweet. Love the background paper you used!

hair accessories on 1:34 AM CDT said...

That's a sweet card! Perfect for the liitle princess' birthday.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 8:43 PM CDT said...

This is such a beautiful card! So soft and sweet! xx jane

Sankari W. on 10:35 PM CDT said...

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAY!!!! I am doing my happy dance in my PJ's because you played along!!!! YAY!!! I am so happy that you played along with us and your card and paper piecing is So perfect and lovely!!! I adore your colors and your card is totally lovely-licious!!! And I ADORE you Donna!! it was so nice to hear your voice the other day on the phone - you are SOOO cute!!! Can't wait to someday meet in reallife!!! And I got your email message - and defintiely there will be pictures! And you know what - I have a HUGE zit on my face - ugh! SO I might have to photoshop that out of the pictures!! LOL!!!! Sending you a TON o' hugs dearest Donna!!! THank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!! Hope you had fun and will play along again!!!
lots of love and BIG hugs!
Sankari :)

theneon on 4:03 AM CDT said...

Pretty Woman is indeed in this very pretty card. This was my first time with this challenge too -- let's do it again!

Post a Comment