Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Feel the Magic with Gina K. Designs


feelmagic

Can you feel the magic in the air? The smell of sweet candy, apple cider simmering on the stove, the crisp & cool night air & children giggling as they roam from house to house donned in their best costumes to say ‘Trick or Treat’ in the hopes of getting the BEST candy to fill their bellies??

Well, Alicia, Gina K.’s daughter is helping you if you don’t quite feel the magic yet with a sweet little witch, pumpkin, fun accessories and perfect sentiments in a new set called Feel the Magic! This set has a great introductory price of $16.95 through Sept. 27! I made my card using the cute witch holding her broom and her cute pumpkin by her side. The pattern paper I used is Basic Grey Eerie (the best Halloween paper I’ve ever seen!) magiccloseup_thumb2

Here is a close up of the sparkle from my glitter pen. I colored in the images with my copics. I also drew in lines on her legs to mimic fish net stockings with my copic multi-liner pen.



feel magic hop treat

I decided to make a matching treat at the last minute using a cut clear box that Gina’s pure luxury envelopes come in. I cut it to 3.5 inches high. Then slipped in pieces of pattern paper on the insides. I added some Signs of Autumn purple ribbon for the handle, attached with some Mega Dazzle & Bling rhinestones (looks like those are out of stock, but the minis are in stock). For the lid, I die cut a piece of Black Onyx cardstock with the largest of the small deckled mega rectangle nestabilities and adhered the back with scor-tape. The front flap is staying closed with basic grey magnetic snaps.

feel magic hop treat top


Here is a view from the top. The front embellishment I really like, I cut some Bling & Dazzle white sateen flowers so it could sit on top of the sentiment and also put a rhinestone in the center. Who says Halloween can’t be cute & classy like this purse?? It is actually really fun! I’m wracking my brain trying to think of who to give it to?!

feel magic hop treat back


I bet y’all are wondering what’s inside, huh? I couldn’t resist putting some fun packages of Halloween treats in it! I left the back without pattern paper so the recipient could see the goodies inside without having to open it. I wanted to take a pic of the card & treat together, but can’t find the card now! I’m sure it’s around my mess somewhere! Hope you enjoyed.

Now onto the rest of the hop with Gina K. and these designers: Gina Krupsky,
Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Melanie Muenchinger
Theresa Momber

See ya tomorrow – we will have a blog hop using A Year of Leaves!!!

Pin It

12 comments on "Feel the Magic with Gina K. Designs"

Giovana on 10:14 PM CDT said...

Nice projects Donna!! Awesome colors.
God bless
Giovana

Theresa Momber on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is a great Halloween set! Love your colors and gorgeous papers.

Lee on 11:17 PM CDT said...

Toooo cool Donna!!! I love the cb background and that treat bag.....I gotta make one of those!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:52 AM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna!! I am LOVING this new set!!

lisa808 on 2:49 AM CDT said...

Love your Halloween tote. What a great idea.

Carolyn King on 8:15 AM CDT said...

Super cute Donna--love the card and the cute bag too!

TannyP on 8:55 AM CDT said...

Awesome creations, Donna! Feel free to ship that treat pack off to your fave fan in Edmonton, AB =)

Melanie on 9:47 AM CDT said...

super cute! great purse!

NinaB on 3:05 PM CDT said...

Wow, what a great gift box. I can't wait to try this for my girls! Great job, Donna.

Jennie on 5:04 PM CDT said...

This is so cute and love the purse, nice idea :o)

Christina Fischer on 5:38 PM CDT said...

So cute! I love the matching treat box! :)

Unknown on 9:06 PM CDT said...

Donna, what a super fun treat idea! I LOVE that purse and your card is perfect!

Post a Comment