Sunday, September 20, 2009

TE September 20th Key Ingredients Subscription


09 KIS

It’s the 20th of the month so it’s time for another Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Subscription reveal!  

I squealed with delight when I got this one – it’s hard to imagine, but these elements keep getting BETTER & BETTER!!  I adore the patterns in this Kitchen Spice by Bo Bunny, so Taylor asked us to be inspired by the name of the paper for our challenge.  We also are incorporating the distressing techniques like Laurie shared in her TEBB challenge last week. For a larger view of the project, click on the picture. 

09 kis clips

I decided to make a message center for our kitchen.  My MIL is always writing sweet notes & it’s how we communicate a lot since we all have different schedules.  Usually it’s just a post-it note next to the microwave so I thought it would be fun to make a standing message center to put on the counter.  I used one of my metal frames from Target a few years back – so glad I bought more than I could possibly need at the time since they have come in handy for different uses.  I covered a few magnetic clips (in the above picture) that I got from the dollar store and I also covered some of the different sized chipboard flowers with the paper & stuck some magnets on the back.  I used the cute coordinating buttons for the centers with some cotton thread.  The title was made using the JustRite Brayton Font *(on sale in the TE store!)   I even tucked a mini gel pen in back of the magnets (you can see it peeking out of the end). 

09 kis smiles closeup

The board I made on the right was inspired by something I actually have in my kitchen (sorry I didn’t get a picture) but it’s a tile trivet with the quote, “Smiles around the table are the best compliment” it always speaks to me because one of my gifts is hospitality, which I learned from my mom growing up.  Our home was always open to our friends after school, dinner always enough for an unexpected guest and it was always the one everyone came to for celebrations throughout the year, in addition to all the holidays.  I love to entertain and want my home to always be like the one I grew up in.  I made this card to give a very special person but I won’t say who because I want it to be a surprise.  But let’s just say it is someone who is near & dear to my heart and continues to have her home be just like the one I grew up in.   The font I used for this quote is the lowercase Times New Roman by JustRite.  I used Fresh Flowers to make a shorter vase for the flowers in the ‘center of the table’. 

09 kis button

Here is a close up of one of the clear buttons in the key ingredients that I punched a circle of designer paper to dress it up, along with some yellow cotton thread.

Don’t forget, we're now offering this as a monthly charge program. So instead of paying for all 3 or 6 months upfront, your credit card will be charged on the 15th of each month of their subscription. The 6 month subscription breaks down to just $14.95 a month plus shipping! What a savings since one month purchased separately is $16.95!

For all of you who get the key ingredients, we want to issue you a challenge to get it out & use it!  You can participate in the challenge that was set forth for us & link your projects on Taylor’s post so we can check it out!  Can’t wait to see what YOU make!!

Last but certainly not least, these artistic stampers on the design team have samples to share with you today, I can hardly wait to see what they made!  Taylor, who will have full color photos of all the elements in the key ingredients, Charmaine, Jodi, Karen G., Laura and Sharon

Pin It

13 comments on "TE September 20th Key Ingredients Subscription"

NinaB on 1:33 PM CDT said...

What a great idea, Donna. You're so creative. I could use one of these in my house.

Lori on 2:16 PM CDT said...

Great project!

Rose Ann on 3:25 PM CDT said...

Your message center is totally fabulous, and your friend is going to LOVE it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:22 PM CDT said...

I don't think my first message went through. . .anyway, I just LOVE your message center! What a neat idea!

Karen Giron on 8:31 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna - I really like how you put the flowers in the patterned vase, very cool!

Sankari W. on 10:30 PM CDT said...

This is adorable Donna!!! LOVE the flower from the Mother's Day set in the patterned paper and the message center is awesome!!!! LOVE IT!!!! (and it was so nice to hear your voice the other day!! YOU are the cutest girl!!!)
lots of love and hugs!
Sankari :)
or should I say Shawn Ka Ree :) LOL!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 10:40 PM CDT said...

This is a fabulous project! I love your attention to the little details!

Jodi Collins on 8:12 AM CDT said...

This is GORGEOUS Donna!! First off, that card is BEAUTIFUL and I ADORE the sentiment!!! FABULOUS to the max!! Now...that kitchen message center...girl, that KNOCKS my SOCKS off! What an AMAZING idea and execution! I LOVE those clips! Gotta make one of these for sure!!! LOVE!!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 9:22 AM CDT said...

Donna this is so awesome! Love your little message centre and all the little details that make it so fabulous!

Christi Flores on 1:41 PM CDT said...

Oh wow!! This is amazing!!!

Melody on 9:50 PM CDT said...

Your message center is wonderful! It's a great idea and the papers and all the little details are great!

Alex on 11:56 PM CDT said...

WOW!! This is FABULOUS Donna!! You alway make beautiful projects and this one is filled with gorgeous details!!! I put you back in my reader (whew!) so now I will be by again more often!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

TannyP on 10:06 AM CDT said...

Awesome job, Donna - such a beautiful project - and a fabulous idea!

Post a Comment