Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simple Thank You triple challenge


charmaine color & ssnotime

Here is the last card I made for the TE Birthday Bash that runs through 11:59 p.m. PST Wednesday, September 9.  You still have time to play to win some great prizes! 

This card was made using several other challenges, including Charmaine’s Color Challenge, I also used Jen’s SFYTT from a few Saturdays ago and Sharon’s No Time to Stamp challenge  102 to leave your comfort zone-make a card in a style that is out of your comfort zone.  I bet I know you’re saying: “but that’s a clean & simple style and Donna likes doing that”.  You’re right---but I also tried to incorporate a somewhat vintage style which I love (am always inspired by fellow Baker’s Dozen dt member, Laurie Schmidlin) but am very challenged at pulling off.  I am so not even completely happy with this card because it didn’t quite turn out vintage (I think because of the colors & lack of distressing) but I figured I would share it anyway!  I still need to work at the vintage style!

I used Fresh Flowers for my image and the prism cardstock colors used are: Intense Kiwi, Sunflowers Med and Baby Blue Medium.  My vintage attempt is the lace trim I got in the TE Store.  HA 

Hope you have time to play in the challenges, especially MINE!  I LOVE looking at all the paper-pieced creations everyone is making & having so much fun with! 

Pin It

4 comments on "Simple Thank You triple challenge"

Sharon (notimetostamp) on 10:35 AM CDT said...

LOVE your card -- that vintage looking lace is JUST lovely -- a great card for a combo of challenges.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:51 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is GORGEOUS! I adore that trim! Stunning card!

Jennie on 9:06 PM CDT said...

Love this card Donna! the fresh colors are well...so refreshing. Like your design as well and the lace it perfect!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:24 PM CDT said...

This is so pretty Donna!!

Post a Comment