Friday, September 11, 2009

TESC82: Dear Santa, I’ve Been {GOOD}


TESC82 golly

ALL YEAR! HA! We all know you have to be good ALL year in order to ensure Santa brings you a gift, right? I’m sure all of you with children make sure your kids know that because it gives you leverage when they are acting up! One of my favorite things to do is mix & match sets, so I went I set out to make a card for this week’s sketch, I wanted to bring out my favorite Whimsical Wishes set, Beary Special!! However, I wanted to do something ‘different’ with it but also make a holiday card.

So I grabbed my A Year of Sweets 3 set with the cuppie in front of the fireplace with letter & cookies for Santa – then the lightbulb went off. I can pair the angel bear with a list for Santa & personalize it with JustRite stamps! Below is a picture of the letter I stamped (with marker on stamp) and omitted the cuppie & plate. Then, I used a marker and filled in the right side of the letter & cut it out. I used papers from Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly which is so fun!! The prism colors I used are Rose Medium & Sunflowers Medium, I got from the TE Store. The JustRite product I used is the 15 pt font and 2” stamper, punched out with 1 1/4” circle.

IMG_6110IMG_6111

TESC82 golly2 closeup Here is a close up of the sparkle from Stardust Stickles on the wings & hand drawn halo for the bear. You can see how perfectly the scroll fits in the bears paws – it was meant to be! I just used my craft knife for precision cutting and slipped the letter underneath.

TESCgolly2

And because I was so happy with this card, and was still on my quest of making a more Laurie Schmidlinesque card, I grabbed a few softer colors from my Jolly by Golly and added some distressing with sponging some caramel ink on the layers. As always, you can see a picture closer up by clicking it.

TESCgolly 2 closeup


Here is the close up of this card. On both cards, the center focal die is the new Labels 7 by Spellbinders which, when horizontal, it looks like a book, but I thought it looked great vertical for my sketch & with the cute bear!

TESC82

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try; be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so we can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time. COMING SOON! There will be no featured sampler for the next couple weeks as Taylor introduces some new and exciting changes to the sketch challenge.

Be sure to check out the fabulous eye candy the sketch crew has to share with us today:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis

Before you go - check out the SASI blog to see ALL the winners of the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash! I hope you had fun & congratulations to ALL the winners!

Hope y’all make time to play with the sketch this week and have a great weekend! ‘See’ ya soon!

Pin It

12 comments on "TESC82: Dear Santa, I’ve Been {GOOD}"

Sherrie on 10:22 AM CDT said...

What a sweet image...and LOVE the wings! I know I have been good ALL year...lol!

Jami on 10:43 AM CDT said...

Donna you are a genius in combining sets! Both cards are really adorable and so fun to see two such different styles!

Jackie Pedro on 11:29 AM CDT said...

These cards are DARLING, Donna!! Don't you love those Labels 7 dies? I just got them last week!!! Have a great weekend!!

Lynn Mercurio on 12:08 PM CDT said...

This is just too cute, Donna. What an adorable image and placed on such great papers. Love it!

Monika/Buzsy on 12:33 PM CDT said...

What cute cards Donna! Love that teddy (wish I had the set)... and the cute saying! Those colors are fabulous! TFS!

Anonymous said...

TEBB Challenge #2. # 7, #9, #13 Hi

Anonymous said...

http://randisanewcreation.blogspot.com/2009/09/tebb-challenge-2-7-9-13.html

Christi Flores on 5:18 PM CDT said...

This is precious!!!!!

Gwen on 9:35 PM CDT said...

So adorable Donna!!! both of them!!! 2 totally different cards...same sketch! :)

Stephanie Hargis on 11:41 PM CDT said...

These are so cute Donna! I love the papers that you choose! Too sweet!

Charlene on 1:33 AM CDT said...

Those are very cute! :)

Carolina on 3:10 AM CDT said...

Two wonderful takes on the sketch...love what you did with the bears!!!

Post a Comment