Friday, September 25, 2009

TESC84: Hey Sailor


TESC84 sailor

Happy Friday! It’s time for another Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge (84). Today I have a cuppie sailor card to share with you, combining 2 sets by TE, Beach Bum (sailboat) and the cuppe sailor in the new Trick or Sweet II set. I love that this set can be used for more than just Halloween! I used the August 20th key ingredients kit for my car, which I adore! I thought they went well with my theme. You may notice I omitted the mini cuppie in the sailboat and popped it up for dimension and added some stardust stickles to it. This card was fun to make, because it started with a great sketch and a fun idea to combine these sets. On the inside, I used a sentiment from Faith & Hope that says, “I’m not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship”

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try; be sure to leave a comment TESC84on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so we can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time.
COMING SOON: There is still no no featured sampler for this week as Taylor is gearing up for introducing some new and exciting changes to the sketch challenge.

Be sure to check out the fabulous creations the sketch crew has to share with us today:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens

Before you go, please stop by the SASI blog to see our Friday Friend Jen Tapler! Have a wonderful day & fabulous weekend!!

Pin It

9 comments on "TESC84: Hey Sailor"

Taylor on 10:03 AM CDT said...

Awwwww...how cute, Donna! Love the little sailor cuppie combined with the sailboat! You're so clever!

Sherrie on 10:06 AM CDT said...

Cute as can be Donna! Love that sailboat and the bling going half way round the circle!

Jodi Collins on 10:59 AM CDT said...

ADORABLE Donna! LOVE how you paired these two sets together!! DELIGHTFUL perfection my friend!

Lynn Mercurio on 11:34 AM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna. I especially like your dual "details" around your circular image. Such great design elements!

TannyP on 2:29 PM CDT said...

Very cute, Donna - such a great pairing of stamps. Just rec'd my first TE stamps (Beary Special) and I'm trying paper piecing if it KILLS me!!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:05 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna! Love that sailboat image... nice colors. TFS!

Jami on 8:10 PM CDT said...

Too too cute! Great combo of sets!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 8:39 PM CDT said...

How clever! The cuppie sailor (so stinkin cute!) is perfect paired up with the sailboat! Really like the scalloped edges on one side and embellishments on the other half. LOVE the sentiment! xx Jane

Lori on 3:06 PM CDT said...

How do you find the time??? Your work is always wonderful, girl!

Post a Comment