Friday, September 4, 2009

TESC81: Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek: Halloween Goodness!!


TESC81 fright night fun

Happy Friday, y’all! I’ve got yet another long post for you today, I just can’t help myself!! I’m so excited to share with you the most FUN & unique Halloween stamps that will be released by Taylored Expressions on Saturday! We’re doubling your Halloween Cuppie fun with Trick or Sweet II, a follow-up to last year’s Trick or Sweet! I just had to make a scene using Taylor’s Sketch Challenge 81 this week but took creative liberties with it! I wanted to make a Halloween card with a few cuppies from both sets, in addition to Spooky Expressions (you’ll see more about that in my other project). I made my card 5.25 inches square to accommodate the cuppies & tree. I first stamped the tree and used a few shades of blue & purple to make my spooky night sky. Since I stamped the tree black, there was no masking involved.
fright night fun close up
I stamped the cuppies separately on choice snow white cardstock, paper-pieced them with some of the Halloween Key ingredients Basic Grey Eerie paper, colored & then cut them out. Here is a close up where you can see more details such as stardust stickles on the ghost, glitter pen accents on the crown, cherries and wand, square rhinestones for the frog’s bowtie and googlie eyes for his costume! fun details.

boo bite pretzelsMy next project uses the new set Spooky Expressions – I made a batch of Seasoned Pretzels and call them Boo Bites (courtesy of one of the stamps in the set). I packaged the delicious pretzels in a kraft bakery bags once I decorated the bags with stamps from the set, including green glimmer ribbon from the key ingredients. I made a simple matching recipe card so I can gift this to one of our neighbors. Recipe: 1 box of hard pretzels (broken), 1 C. oil, 1 pkg dry ranch dressing, 1 tsp lemon pepper, 1 tsp dill weed, 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix ingredients in big bowl. Add pretzels and mix to coat. Bake in pan 20 mins at 300 degrees. Stir after 10 mins. ENJOY this delicious pumped up pretzels!!!

TrickorSweetIIBundle SpookyExpressionsBundle

Here are details on the bundle savings (click for larger view) Taylor has offered up for this release! If you like ‘em, you better get ‘em while they’re available. You won’t regret it because everything is guaranteed to help you have a TON of FUN on your upcoming Halloween projects!! Taylor has a full color photo of the Halloween Key Ingredients & Bundles you can buy!

TESC81

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try; be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Sampler (by Friday, September 11 at 10am CST)!

Be sure to check out the fabulous eye candy the sketch crew has to share with us today:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis

Last but certainly not least, check out all the wonderful creations the Baker’s Dozen has to share with you using one or both of these sets!

Charmaine Ikach, Dawn Easton, Denise Marzec, Jackie Pedro, Jodi Collins, Karen Giron, Karen Motz, Laura Frederickson, Lori Schmidlin, Sankari Wegman and Sharon Harnist (guest designer this month)

Don’t forget, tomorrow is release day in the store and it is also our Birthday Bash at the Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog! It all starts at 10:00 a.m. CST and we will have hourly challenges hosted by Taylor and the Baker’s Dozen Design Team and will be giving away awesome prizes! Here are all the details you need to participate!! My challenge will be at 12:00 noon CST! Hope you will stop by to check it out!!

Pin It

18 comments on "TESC81: Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek: Halloween Goodness!!"

TannyP on 10:10 AM CDT said...

Fabulous creations, Donna! I think those new cuppies are just adorable!

Denise Marzec on 10:14 AM CDT said...

Oh WOW, that blue/purple background is SUCH a great effect! Love that you combined this year's Trick or Sweet set with last year's. The googlie eyes on the frog is just THE coolest!!....gonna hafta to try that!!

Taylor on 10:15 AM CDT said...

OOoooooohhhhhh....ahhhhhhh....where to start Donna!? I love all of your projects! I love the grey sky you did and how you combined the two trick or sweet sets! And with the tree behind!? PERFECT! And your boo bites recipes sounds yuuuummmmy! I think I've had it before on Oyster Crackers, but have yet to try the pretzels! TFS!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your Halloween scene - it's awesome!!!! Leslie

Jodi Collins on 10:33 AM CDT said...

Oh my WORD!! Donna, this card is FLIPPIN' FANTASTICAL!!! WOW! LOVE the spooky sky you created, the scene with all the cuppies and your rockin' coloring! HOLY CANNOLI!!!

Sherrie on 10:36 AM CDT said...

Oh how terrifically spooky! Love this Donna!

Karen Giron on 10:43 AM CDT said...

I just love how you combo'd both sets, those little cuppies look so cute on their fun night out! Love the treat bag too - how perfect!

Monika/Buzsy on 11:05 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card... love the cast... and great treat bag... love the paper-piecing. TFS!

Karen Motz on 11:35 AM CDT said...

Donna, I LOVE how you combined sets to create that scene, and the spooky night sky is soooooo cool! Wonderful little treat bag full of Boo Bites too!

Jody Morrow on 12:32 PM CDT said...

ADORABLE! I need that stamp set! :)

Sankari W. on 1:06 PM CDT said...

DONNNNNAAAAAA!!! !WOWOWOWOWOOW!!!! Seriously - I am in AWE!!! I mean AWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I love what you have created - sooo cute! and my fave part is that sky - that is simply brilliant and beautiful!!!! I think this creations is my fave fave fave!!! I totally want to CASE it - but I am seriously DOUBTful that I could achieve even 1/10th of the yum value that you have created!!! LOVE ITTTTTTTTT it alllll!!!!!

Sharon Harnist on 1:51 PM CDT said...

Love that sky you created, Donna -- it's amazing! So are those sweet cuppie trick-or-treaters -- so cute! Wonderful treat bag, too -- your pretzels sound divine!

jacque4u2c on 3:33 PM CDT said...

Just awesome! My fave is the the froggy.

Anonymous said...

Donna you made these little cuppies come to life.
The treat bag is a great idea. I can make these up for a dear friend who bakes just to give thinks away. The boo bite recipe sounds tasty.

Rose Ann on 12:29 AM CDT said...

Your Halloween card is sooooo darling, and your webby treat bag...so cute!! I love all of the images, your piecing, and coloring!!

Emily Leiphart on 8:28 AM CDT said...

Your card is waaaay too cute, Donna! I really love everything about it from the colours to the scene you created. Fantastic!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:39 AM CDT said...

Oh I LOVE this Donna! What a fabulous Halloween posse! LOL

Jessie/knightrone on 12:16 PM CDT said...

Cute, cute CUTE!! You rock!

Post a Comment