Monday, September 14, 2009

Elegant Verses Blog Hop with Gina K. Designs


elegant hop

I’m so glad you’ve stopped by my blog today because it’s time to share some inspiration with you using Nina Brackett’s new set Elegant Verses {companion sentiment set to Elegant Post}. On my card, I used pretty new papers Earth Love by Cosmo Cricket, a new 6-inch paper pad. The light is stamped on vellum cardstock with white stazon ink and embossed on the back side with an embossing tool on a mat, being careful to not push too hard & rip the paper. I colored in the back lightly with a few markers. Then I put a few jump rings from the sentiment to the top of the light. Sorry about the crooked brown satin ribbon I added (lol). Do you like the Labels 7 from Spellbinders I stamped the sentiment on? I love that it looks like an open book. I was imagining this as an open Bible, which is so fitting for this sentiment. I also used a sketch from a new blog called Crazy for Challenges; there’s a great group of ladies on that team!

Your first stop should be the illustrator herself, Nina Brackett, who I’m sure will have some wonderful creations! Nina has asked her very talented friend Silke Ledlow to join us in the hop too.

And the following GKD ladies will have something to share with you too:
Gina Krupsky
Carolyn King
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Melanie Muenchinger
Theresa Momber

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! Say a prayer or wish me luck (whichever you prefer; I have my first Algebra test Tuesday afternoon!

Pin It

25 comments on "Elegant Verses Blog Hop with Gina K. Designs"

Theresa Momber on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna! Love the way you added the lamp.

Michelle VP on 10:20 PM CDT said...

Lovely! The hanging lamp off the saying is a perfect idea! :)

Giovana on 10:31 PM CDT said...

I agree!! The hanging lamp is perfect! Love your card Donna.
God bless
Giovana

Silke Ledlow on 10:38 PM CDT said...

Absolutely beautiful card and take on the Sketch - Donna!!! Hugs ~S~

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 10:40 PM CDT said...

This is so soft and beautiful! I'm falling in love with Cosmo Cricket VERY quickly!

JessicaK on 10:51 PM CDT said...

Very nice, Donna, very very nice. The vellum lamp looks so elegant. I have the Labels 7 on my wish list just because it looks like an open book, so I totally love your idea.

TexasGrammy on 11:02 PM CDT said...

Donna, this one is absolutely perfect with this little lantern! Makes me smile!

~Bev

joy on 11:27 PM CDT said...

Wow, I really like that Spellbinders label. I can think of all kinds of ideas for that label.

redwasher1 on 11:29 PM CDT said...

Donna I love this verse! Your card is fantastic!

Lee on 11:57 PM CDT said...

That is so sweetly elegant Donna!!! I love the lantern on the vellum!!

Melissa on 12:10 AM CDT said...

Very elegant and beautiful Donna!

Melody on 12:29 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card, lovely sentiment, love the lamp!

NinaB on 2:50 AM CDT said...

Love it, Donna! That paper is on its way to Croatia. I can't wait to play with it!

Teri C on 7:07 AM CDT said...

Very pretty, Donna. Love the paper and the lamp!

Chrisd on 8:49 AM CDT said...

What a lovely job. Good luck on your test!

Carolyn King on 11:21 AM CDT said...

Beautiful---love the hanging lantern....wonderful!!

Maria Matter on 11:48 AM CDT said...

so pretty and the lantern looks....just right!
great job
Blessings, Maria

Christi Flores on 2:06 PM CDT said...

Oh wow!! I love this Donna!!!

Lori on 3:52 PM CDT said...

Love the lamp Donna!!!

Unknown on 7:17 PM CDT said...

How pretty, Donna!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:54 PM CDT said...

Absolutely beautiful Donna!!

StampOwl on 10:02 PM CDT said...

fabulous card

Cindy Haffner on 11:20 PM CDT said...

So very pretty.

Carolina on 2:34 AM CDT said...

Just delightful - the lantern hanging from the bow is just the perfect touch!

Christmas Verses on 11:51 PM CST said...

Great job.. all the best

Post a Comment