Monday, September 7, 2009

TE Birthday Bash in Full Swing!


cuppie 1st bday
Have you checked out all the sweet details about the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash yet??! If not, you need to because the challenges posted on Saturday’s release day are in full swing! I’m sure enjoying the entries so far but hope there are WAY more by the deadline! There are GREAT prizes up for grabs, so what are you waiting for?! You don’t have to use Taylored Expressions stamps to play so you have no excuse~you have until Wednesday, Sept 9 at 11:59 p.m. PST (that’s 1:59 a.m. for CST) and today is a holiday so maybe you can take some time for YOU & play. The above card is one I made for the TE Newsletter to celebrate Cuppie’s 1st Birthday! I used Sweet Celebration, one of 3 stamp sets on sale for 40% through today!

TEBBDB paper-piecing

The Dracula Cuppie card (using Trick or Sweet & Frightful Night which are the other 2 sets on sale for 40% off through TODAY) I made is for my paper-piecing challenge and guess what? The winner will receive my card as well as a $10 gift certificate for the TE Store! You will be blown away by the GRAND PRIZE!

TEBBTV sugar rush

Here is a card I made combining 2 challenges, Taylor’s inspiration challenge and Karen G’s sketch challenge. I used the clown cuppie from Trick or Sweet II for a cute non-Halloween card, it can be for a birthday card or a sweet hello! I love the sentiment whoa, sugar rush! so on the inside of the card, I slipped in a small package of red, orange and yellow twizzlers as a special treat for the recipient! I took a picture of it to show you but my photo editing software is not working at the moment, sorry! I used the small open & solid circle images from Frightful Night (the moon) so I could re-create all the polka dots & circles in Taylor’s inspiration photo. Fun, huh? I also figured I would play on the open circles by NOT coloring in the cuppie, but used markers to outline the image in matching colors. I think it creates a fun, fresh look, but couldn’t help myself and added some red rhinestone bling & stardust stickles on his ‘hair’.

Hope you will play along in the challenges! You don’t have to make 13 different cards for the challenges, it’s o.k. to combine a few of the challenges too! Just be sure & have some F-U-N!!!

Pin It

7 comments on "TE Birthday Bash in Full Swing!"

Yvonne Hagane on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are so classy and elegant in every way! I had such a great time browsing your blog. Love your sense of style and beautiful color combinations!
Have a wonderful day!

Jessie/knightrone on 6:58 PM CDT said...

These are all so super cute!!

TannyP on 11:27 PM CDT said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Donna...I'm really struggling with it, but I might have something to post by Wednesday!

Yours are all so fabulous!

Lee on 12:35 AM CDT said...

Donna....these are just soooo darn cute!!! I love that fun circle dp too!!

Karen Motz on 6:59 AM CDT said...

Cute Cute CUTE!!!! These are just SO darn sweet. Love all the sparkle on clown cuppie's hair! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge!

Cakespy on 11:44 AM CDT said...

So awesome, creative...and completely adorable!

Gingerbread Gal♥ on 10:55 PM CDT said...

I love them all Donna! So Super Cute! I heart Clown Cuppie!
:) Rachel

Post a Comment