Saturday, December 1, 2007

Homemade Bread - Compliments of Me, Papertrey & SU!


I knew right away when I saw Papertrey's Holiday Treats Set I would get a LOT of use out of it. I love to bake and when I feel the need to do it, I like to make it worthwhile (well it helps we got a kitchenaid mixer last year, it makes things so much easier on my arm). I used to sell Pampered Chef and got their mini loaf pan because I love to bake mini loaves and freeze them so if I have unexpected guests or need a quick hostess gift, I can grab it, make quick packaging & go.

People LOVE this kind of stuff, but more importantly I love to give so it works out perfectly. So the Holiday Treats set is perfect for these types of things. I made this for DH's co-worker who is recovering from hip surgery (she is a little person but she called herself a dwarf today) and has been off work for nearly a month now. Yesterday she was told her recovery will be another month and she is going batty.

We wanted to bring her some food so DH asked her what she wanted and she said Samosas from India Kitchen (awesome! I LOVE Indian food and hadn't had it in a while). So we got food to go & visited for more than 3 hours. I felt bad because at one point I fell asleep in the chair (was more likely because it was my regularly scheduled Friday-Sunday naptime) and because they started to talk about work stuff. But she didn't care, we're like family.

She really was thrilled about the samosas & pumpkin bread but more importantly, our friendship. We sure enjoyed hers and I look forward to seeing her again on the 19th at their company Christmas party.

Recipe Share - because this is THE BEST I've had (probably because it has butter instead of oil and we all know that everything's betta with butta).

Pumpkin Bread
Submitted by: Shirley SoberRated: 5 out of 5 by 125 members
Prep Time: 15 MinutesCook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 MinutesYields: 32 servings
"A friend of mine graciously shared her 'secret recipe' for this bread with me. It's become such a family favorite that I'm not allowed to enter my family's get-togethers without this bread in hand!"


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use unsalted butter)
3 cups sugar (I use Wholesome Sweeteners Evaporated Cane Juice Organic Sugar)
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin

DIRECTIONS:
In a mixing bowl, dream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans*. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/1/2007

*or 4 mini loaf pan Pin It

4 comments on "Homemade Bread - Compliments of Me, Papertrey & SU!"

Angie Tieman on 10:32 AM CST said...

What a beautiful gift! How nice of you guys too, I'm sure she appreciated it so much! That recipe looks wonderful, I'm going to print it out. I opened a can of pumpkin last night to make pumpkin bars, then didn't have enough eggs (one was cracked in the carton!), so I put the pumpkin in the fridge until I get eggs today, and now I think I'll make this bread instead! Thanks!

kathy on 1:23 PM CST said...

What a great gift. The bread sounds yummy

blah on 9:11 PM CST said...

Very nice of you to do this for a friend and the bread seems delish! I may have to cook sometime ;-)

Rose Ann on 3:25 AM CST said...

Yum...and such a lovely presentation!!

Post a Comment