Monday, December 31, 2007

One of life's simple joys


No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness.
~Sheik Abd-al-Kadir
Given enough coffee, I could rule the world. ~Author Unknown
I woke up this morning and brewed this fresh cup o' joe courtesy of my wonderful DH who got us this coffee maker below for the price of shipping ($15). The machine makes 1-2 cups (well, 2 is what I had in my cool new Starbuck's mug I got from my sisters/bil's for Christmas). The coffee is in 'pods' and they are put in the top of the machine and the froth comes out at the top. It's amazing and this is such a GREAT cup of coffee! "Coffee" comes from the Latin form of the Coffea group. The most familiar of the 25 major species within Coffea are Coffea arabica and Coffea canephora (robusta).

The higher the coffee is grown, the better it will taste; one coffee tree yields slightly less than 1 pound of coffee per year.

Coffee facts from a 2001 National Coffee Association survey include:
Fifty-two percent of the adult population of the U.S. over 18 years of age drink coffee every day, representing 107 million daily drinkers.

Another 28% drink coffee occasionally.

Coffee drinkers consume on average 3.3 cups of coffee per day.

Thirty-five percent of coffee drinkers drink their coffee black; while 62% add a sweetener and/or creaming agent.

Sidenote:
I haven't posted in a few days since we were out of town celebrating Christmas with family and it wiped me out (4 1/2 hour drive one way to Tyler) so it's going to take me a few days to recoup. Plus I just need some down time since I really haven't had much the past few months. But, as I reflected on the end of 2007 and the fresh beginning of a new year - I thought about all the great things starting my blog brought me: a way to showcase my gift to encourage/inspire others, a group of gals who like what I do and understand me; give me positive reinforcement and encouragement, a few goodies just for replying to their messages, and most of all a reason other than getting a paycheck to get on the computer! So ladies, thank you for visiting me this year and I look forward to many more years sharing with you along the way.

Pin It

4 comments on "One of life's simple joys"

Nicoletobusy3 on 12:45 PM CST said...

Hey Donna!
Very cute blog!! Not sure if you remember me? I still get your emails that you send out vis Stampin' Up! Anywho be back again to visit. Happy New Year! Nicole

Velta on 2:09 PM CST said...

Donna ~ I love my one cup of java in the morning...thanks for sharing this with us...Have I said Happy New Year? Well, it's said :)

Rose Ann on 9:25 PM CST said...

Looks yummy!

It's been great getting to "know" you better, and share our common love of this craft. Hugs!!

Bev Gerard on 11:16 PM CST said...

I shouldn't have read this .. now I'm wishing for a run to Starbucks! acccckkkkk! Sure looks yummy though!

~Bev

Post a Comment