Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tagged by Kristi


I have been tagged by Kristi Ferro, owner of my FAVORITE stamps right now - Hanna Stamps! Be aware - she is having another release on Friday! Sentiments and The Perfect Package - and they are SO CUTE!!!! Check out her blog post so you can learn some interesting facts about her (she is so much cooler to me now that I know those things!)

The rules of the game:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Things about me:

1. I love reading the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff books by Richard Carlson! My DH turned me on to them (he only read the first, I have gone on to read Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Women (written by the author’s wife Kristine), Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff in Love (still reading) and Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff at Work (still reading). I am very saddened to realize when I looked up his website, that he died nearly a year ago (at the young age of 46) and his wife is going to carry on his work in his honor. These books have really allowed me to stay calm, think of things a little differently, not react so negatively so quickly, and try to manage my relationships and my actions more effectively. I admit I have not arrived, but I love to share how great these books are when I get a chance.

I’d like to give show you an excerpt to give you an idea how great the book is.

Featured Excerpt Become Aware of Your Moods and Don't Allow Yourself to Be Fooled by the Low Ones

2. I taught myself how to make jewelry this year and it’s been so fun!

3. I love foreign movies, in particular Bollywood (Indian movies). They have a lot of singing and dancing in the movies and no nudity, violence or drugs. They are feel good movies, a lot of them have great stories – one in particular in Lagaan – one of my favorites: A remarkable story about the triumph of the ordinary, set in 1890s India. The ruling British have imposed a harsh tax (lagaan) on the farmers, prompting the villagers of Champaner to plead for a waiver. So, an arrogant and capricious British commander, Capt. Russell, challenges the villagers to a cricket match: If the villagers win, they'll avoid taxation for 3 years; if they lose, they'll pay the tax thrice over.

4. I love White Fudge Oreo cookies

5. I love the smell of the ground after it rains

6. I have to wear craft gloves during the night and sleep with a squishy pillow in order for my hands not to fall asleep (symptoms of carpal tunnel)

7. I am Jeanne Streiff’s - Inky Paws SU! Upline. I am so glad I met her (I think it’s been about 4 years) and instead of me teaching her anything, she has taught ME! She is such a fun, genuine, kind-hearted soul…not to mention a Copic Coloring Queen and just overall Artsy Fartsy kind of gal! I couldn't be more proud of her, being on all the Design Teams she's been on (past and present) and now blog banner maker!

Now I need to tag 7 more (find ones that haven't been tagged)

Heather - A Secret Garden Grows Here
Marilyn – Stamp with Marilyn
Kathy – Kathy’s Kreations
Jeanne – Inky Paws
Rose Ann – Paper Delightz
Leigh – Sunflower Studio
And You!

**e.t.a. direct link to Featured Excerpt from Don't Sweat the Small Stuff**

Pin It

3 comments on "Tagged by Kristi"

Marilyn on 9:26 PM CST said...

Thanks Donna - haven't been tagged before - but I'll play along - sometime tomorrow, I'll post :)

Bev Gerard on 12:15 AM CST said...

Yahhhoooooooooooooo, it's youuuuu! I was tickled to find that Kristi tagged you! So cool, Donna! I din't know that Jeanne is your downline! How fun for both of you! And I have the first "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" book ... and it's great!

Happy Tagging!
~Tex

Rose Ann on 2:43 PM CST said...

I loved reading your post! Thanks for the tag! I still need to work on that list.

Post a Comment