Friday, June 27, 2008

Gentler Times



Recently I saw someone post a few cards using this very retired stamp set and it made me long a little for it (sorry I can't remember who it was & didn't star their posts). I got Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise & Lemon Tart a few weeks back (they are such nice yellows) so I decided to make a monochromatic card and not color the flowers *GASP* what? me not color? I know...but I was real pleased with allowing the sponging & embellishments make the flowers stand out. What do you think? My DH said I should have put just a little purple on the flowers? really? there's no purple anywhere on the card, he said oh the flowers look purple to me. Verdict? Bad (NO) lighting in the stamp room! Ugh...it's so frustrating. I do have an OTT light directly on my desk but no real good lights anywhere else in the room.

I used page plans sketch #10 FANTABULOUS! for my layout. I LOVE me a sketch challenge! I also used Gina K Designs Comfort & Peace for the sentiment.
Edited to Add:
I was just announced last week's card LO winner for this card on the Page Plans Blog! Neat, huh??
Pin It

14 comments on "Gentler Times"

Melissa on 12:01 PM CDT said...

It's lovely Donna and ironic too because I just used that set last week! I'll post it soon.....

Many Blessings,
M.

Monika/Buzsy on 1:19 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna! Love the lay-out, the way you used the ribbon... TFS!

Alex on 5:23 PM CDT said...

It's beautiful Donna, I love everything about this - non, coloring and all, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cat Tidwell on 5:27 PM CDT said...

Love this card! On my puter I dont see purple though, lol. Love the monochromatic look, very pretty! And the sentiment is very fitting for it.

Janine on 7:04 PM CDT said...

Isn't this gorgeous!!!

Deb Wood on 7:29 PM CDT said...

This is so beautiful, love the colors!!

Jessie/knightrone on 8:10 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love it!!

Lee on 8:15 PM CDT said...

Oh this in the monochromatic is so elegant and serene. See??? Serene......you bring serenity to others with your stamping too!!! It's beautiful!! And those PTI colors sure are starting to call me!! LOL

Pamela Smerker on 10:47 PM CDT said...

Very elegant and simply gorgeous!

Angie Tieman on 12:59 AM CDT said...

I think it looks great monochromatic! And I don't see any purple. Your lighting/photos look good to me!

But here's what I really have to tell you: did you see your Fresh Cuts card got mentioned on the Card of the WEek blog!! Congratulations!! You can see it here:
http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/06/card-of-the-w-3.html

You go girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 3:22 PM CDT said...

So beautiful, Donna!

Annapurna on 7:59 AM CDT said...

This is lovely. Beautiful colors.
btw, beautiful blog background.

Rose Ann on 9:27 AM CDT said...

This is very pretty, and I love the monochromatic look here! Such pretty colors!!

Linsey R on 10:17 AM CDT said...

ooooh, I love this monochromatic look you've got going here~I'm not certain about the purple, but it's nice to hear that your DH is at least interested enough in your work to give you his input...gotta shove my work under my hubby's nose and say *LOOK--DO YOU LIKE IT?!* in order for him to take notice at all--typical man. Well, I love this card, Donna-it's really gorgeous! tfs!

Post a Comment