Tuesday, June 3, 2008

RAKS & More - HB to ME - Happy Anniversary to LEE


look at this cute Dress Up Lily card I got from Nicole - The Stampin' Librarian! I love Lily's bling on her ears & belt and the exclamation point! I totally loved it when she posted it (and secretly hoped she was sending it to me and she did! - LOL) She said I tipped her over the edge to get the Dress Up Lily stamps & it seems like she is having fun with them, huh? Thanks, Nicole - you totally made my day when I got back from vacation since it was waiting for me to open!

I also has this RAK from Tammy at Stamp with Tammy waiting for me when I came back. Isn't it beautiful? I regret not ever taking advantage of the wide satin ribbon SU! had in a mini last winter. It is so pretty. I love the colors (I think it was a color challenge a few weeks ago?) Thanks, Tammy!!

God has blessed me with another year of life - Today is my 37th birthday.

I am not ashamed of my age and don't think I ever will be because I feel like I don't look my age (IMHO), I have accomplished a lot but have more to do and I am allowing my grey hair to come in, with pride. I always liked it (on others and me). Most people say they don't see it, but I do and it's o.k. Sometimes I find myself looking for more and smile when I see it. My mom used to dye her hair but I always wanted her to let her grey hair grow out. It's o.k. that some people do, I am not judging the decision. My mom never looked her age either. Everyone used to comment on how young she always looked. I look just like her so I embrace it when people say I look like her. May 22 would have been her 73rd birthday but she died when she was 61. My nephew, Joseph - missed being born on her birthday by one day but that's o.k. That was pretty darn close. I miss her, I miss my dad who died in 1981. I miss my sisters, my brother-in-laws and rest of the family & friends who live in CA. It's on days like these that I miss them the most. But today is a celebration nonetheless!! A celebration of the day they welcomed their 3rd and final baby girl into the world. In 2 days I will think of my mom & dad again because it would have been their 53rd Wedding Anniversary. I know they would still be married and would be the best grandparents ever and would be proud of each of us and the women we have become.

On to my day:

I woke (reluctantly because my body thinks it's still on vacation) to e-greetings from my Sister Deana & BIL Frankie, BFF Lori and gifts & cards at work! woohoo! Everything has been so thoughtful. I will share the others soon, still playing catch-up from vacation.

My DMIL is going to take me to lunch today & celebrations will continue for weeks like they usually do (and I like it). On Saturday my DFIL & DSMIL (dear step-mother-in-law) took us to dinner at Patsy's Cowgirl Cafe - it was a very nice evening with them; we played catch up, sharing pics from her vacation to Ireland & ours to CA. Melanie is going to take me to lunch one day this week - looking forward to that because it's been about 2 months since we've just hung out more than 45 mins. She brought me my Jumping for Joy set yesterday and the Ostrich card (I've been showing it off) - thanks, Melanie! I appreciate you!

I made a card last night for the first time in 2 weeks, MOJO took a vacation too. I had an idea for my new set that was not working for me so I ended up making a congratulations card to send to a friend but didn't have time to upload it.

I also got a few private messages on SCS from:

MichelleGoodrich
"A birthday is a special day that comes but once each year.I'm sure you can’t believe it but that day’s already here!I hope your day is awesome and your projects all are fine;your gifts just what you wanted and you’re taken out to dine.But most of all, I wish for you a day that’s fully blessedWith family, friends and memories that truly are the best!Hope you have a terrific day!By His grace, Michelle"

Another from a fellow June 3rd birthday gal - tamijo:
"Just wanted to say happy birthday to all my fellow June 3 birthday girls! Hope your day is GREAT!"

And from lacyquilter:
"Just wishing you a blessed happy birthday. Here's a great big smile :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: to help you celebrate a fun and fabulous day."

Thanks for staying with me for the long post - hope you have a wonderful day like I am!

I want to give a shout out to my blogging buddy Lee and her DH - It is their 18th (or 19th) Wedding Anniversary today! Hope you remember the love that brought y'all together & celebrate your lives today & every day you are blessed with, my friend!

Pin It

16 comments on "RAKS & More - HB to ME - Happy Anniversary to LEE"

Liane on 9:41 AM CDT said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoy your blog creations.

Monika/Buzsy on 10:33 AM CDT said...

Happy Birthday Donna! I thought it was the 5th... :o(
Have a fantastic day, enjoy your lunch, check your mail-box... and just be HAPPY!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:37 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday to you girl!! Your card is adorable and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Deb Wood on 12:52 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday Donna!! Love your cards!! I'm always late, but I made you one!! Let's see if I can get it to the PO by July. LOL!

Bee's Zen Garden on 1:05 PM CDT said...

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY* ♥ (Nope, promise, I won't sing!) :-) Hope you have a wonderful time!

Carolina on 1:21 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend and I'm so blessed to have your wonderful spirit in my life even if it's virtual. Sorry you don't have your parents with you today and sorry your family is not close by, but know that there are many of us who are with you in spirit!

I'm totally with you on the grey hair. My little sister has been dyeing her for a while and it's always on me to do the same, but like you I like my grey hair. It's a badge of honor...it shows my wisdome - LOL!

I hope that this year brings you love, laughter and all the blessings that you deserve. Be on the look out for something from little 'ol me. It's late but worth the wait - I promise!

Vanessa on 1:23 PM CDT said...

Happy birthday Donna! How awesome to enjoy it all week long!

Nicole on 2:25 PM CDT said...

It's your birthday?!?! Happy Birthday, Doll! Do I have good timing or what :D sooooo glad you loved the Lily card. Have a fabulous day!

Lee on 4:16 PM CDT said...

Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happppppppppppppppppppppppppy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! I soooooooo wish I lived closer so I could take you out for a fun Girls' Nite!!!! You just enjoy your celebrations!!! You deserve the very best my wonderful friend!!!! Big Hugs!!!

And thanks for the Anniversary wishes!!! It's 19 years.....just amazing!!! And still fabulous after all these years!!! :)

C on 5:43 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! 37!!! That's nothin'....you're still a young'un.

Now when you get to be 58, let me know? :-)

huntla1 on 7:45 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day as I am leaving this quite late! I too have lost both of my parents and can totally understand your missing them. I was super close to my mom because I too was the youngest -- by a lot. Thirteen years to the next oldest, 15 years to the middle of my three older siblings and my oldest sister is 18 years older than me. Have a wonderful upcoming year!

Rose Ann on 8:34 PM CDT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!! Your card will be late (I didn't realize it was your birthday). I hope you enjoy the rest of your special day! Thanks for sharing your RAK's too!!

Unknown on 9:29 PM CDT said...

Happy Birthday Donna!! Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous birthday "week!" Enjoy and have fun!! 37 is young!! :)

Ila on 10:12 AM CDT said...

Happy belated Birthday Donna!! I hope it was Super Special!! My twin daughters birthday is June 3rd too. They are 28 yrs old!!

blah on 2:13 PM CDT said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad that you had a wonderful day and if you haven't seen the MFT blog--RUN over there now!!!! It's another bday present for you!

fwiw, I've been coloring my hair since way before the greys started coming in and I don't plan to stop in the forseeable future :-)

Angie Tieman on 6:40 PM CDT said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Donna!! So mad I got behind on my google reader with this last week of school craziness! Sounds like you had a great day, I'm so happy for you!

Post a Comment