Saturday, June 28, 2008

RAKS


Sharing these RAKS are long overdue & very much appreciated!!! I got this cute card from Julie Pardoe (jpardoe on SCS) for the weekly RAK challenge #110 "favorite teachers, professors and schools. Here is my challenge to you, think back to a favorite teacher and use his/her name to find someone to send a RAK to. You could also use your favorite school name, college, or favorite grade." So her favoite teacher was Mr. Breuker. These challenges are fun, I haven't participated in a while so I need to again.

From Linsey (Outside the Lines with Linsey) I got a little box of goodies (it wasn't ALL for me) She sent a sweet little gift for my new nephew Joseph - a onesie & teether and this treasure tin for my niece Gabby. I can't wait to send to them...I am about to send a pkg to her soon. She LOVES receiving stuff in the mail already at 2! I sent her 2 pictures from our trip with her, me & her Nino John. Remember this card I made to send her? Well my sister said she really did give herself a squeeze after getting the card and proceeded to walk away with the pictures and would not give them to her mommy to put in her photo album. She was carrying them around the house with her. I know she misses us.
Anyway this tin is precious, Linsey! I know she will adore it! Now she will have 3 of them! I bet she will LOVE the little princess rings and pearl bracelet. She's all about the jewelry you know. I hope that never changes!
Of all the tins I've made...and none for myself...well Linsey saw fit to change that (still helping me celebrate my birthday) - she made me one too! And she put the sweetest anklet in it too (did you make it, girl?) I love the colors and have worn it several times this week already.

To top it all off - she sent me this yummy ice cream card using MFT Here's the Scoop (I still have yet to get that set inky, it's in my plans this weekend for sure) and she put a gift card for Cold Stone Creamery! How awesome is that?!?! WOWZA, thank you SO much!!! I LOVE their ice cream! Maybe DH and I will go this weekend for the treat.

Hope y'all have a great weekend - I am off in about an hour to my upline's house for an e-scape event just for demos (it's so nice just to stamp & not organize it or have to do anything). I'll be back later with some stuff I've made. Pin It

8 comments on "RAKS"

Kristine on 11:17 AM CDT said...

=) You are just the bestest auntie, Donna!! She'll LOVE LOVE LOVE all of them. Hey, you're gonna have to tell me your "trick" for getting a background on your blog!! My 14-yr. old niece is setting one up and I'd love to "impress" her with my design knowledge *wink*--OK, YOUR design knowledge, LOL. It looks FABULOUS! OH NO...that word is rubbing off on me! My 3 girls sang the H.S. Musical playstation ALL DAY yesterday and that song F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S stuck in my head half the night!! RRRR!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 3:24 PM CDT said...

Oh, how sweet of Linsey! What a sweetheart! I am ashamed to say I haven't mailed your birthday card yet. I have been so behind! Please forgive me! :)

Lee on 6:45 PM CDT said...

Ohhh.........how cuuuuute!!! You inspire such lovely RAKs my friend!!

Lee on 6:46 PM CDT said...

Ooooooooops.........forgot to tell you how superrrrrrrrr cooooooooool your new blog background is!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

Carolina on 7:01 PM CDT said...

What amazing tin and cards - beautiful thought out RAKs!

Melanie on 8:14 AM CDT said...

Linsey is the BOMB!

Rose Ann on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Wonderful RAK's!! Linsey sounds like such a sweetheart, and I love the goodies she sent you!!

Linsey R on 10:12 AM CDT said...

Oh, you are so sweet, Donna-you didn't have to show that stuff! And all the peeps that commented on it, thank U! I love the card Julie sent you--that doggie is so cute! And I hope you stay cool this weekend too (your comment on my blog cracked me up...*come to Austin and we'll show ya HOT!*) lol! and NO, I didn't make your anklet--You make such beautiful handmade jewerly, I first tried to make you a bracelet and it was a total train wreck, soooo--store bought this was! :) hugs!

Post a Comment