Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More MFT & Palette Prints



I made more cards with my leftover dp from my cupcake card the other day (can't help myself, since I have the scraps why not just use 'em up?) plus when I see a color combo I really like it makes it easier since I have all the colors out to just go for it! That's not boring to you, is it?? This is the reverse side of the polka dots.

For this first card, I used My Favorite Things Lavender illustrated by Annie LaPoint. I used a sketch by Page Plans #6 (By Renee). The image was stamped on watercolor paper & colored with reinkers & aquapainter because I wanted the color to pop. I finished off using crystal effects on the polka dots on the pot & the 1/8" circle punches. It really shines!!

This next card uses My Favorite Things What's the Scoop set-could not find the direct link to it (and ice cream just so happens to be one of my favorite things too)! HEB Creamy Creations is he best IMO but only local to some parts of TX (Intense Chocolate or Mint Chocolate Cookies & Cream) really, anything chocolate makes me happy. So of course even though I made funky ice cream colors the fact that I used chocolate chip c/s on the cardbase makes up for it. I commandeered the cupcake sprinkles from What's Up Cupcake so this ice cream had chocolate sprinkles on it - that counts. I think you can see the sparkle on this: used my glaze pen for the cherry on top & glitter pen for the sprinkles. HA! glittery chocolate sprinkles if only everything glittered in our world.

Pin It

16 comments on "More MFT & Palette Prints"

Angie Tieman on 11:11 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! I can see you're enjoying your "loot"! Lucky girl! I'm afraid I'm craving ice cream now, darn!

Janine on 1:29 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous!!! Love those new images from MFT!!

Lee on 3:58 PM CDT said...

What a great MFT card and cool sketch! I love the shiny CE blingy punchies!! And sparkly sprinkles on top of ice cream......could there be anything better??!!! LOL

Alex on 5:04 PM CDT said...

These are yummy cards Donna, I just love what you did with your sraps and these new images are wonderful! I agree, glitter is good - LOL! And yes, I did score major points with the husband - *wink*

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deb Wood on 6:03 PM CDT said...

I love them both so colorful and fun, fabulous coloring!!

tyrymom29 on 6:21 PM CDT said...

Way too cute !!! Love it !!

Linsey R on 7:16 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful card--I love this image on your watercolor paper and how you colored and blended it so beautifully! The clear rain dots on the vase is absolutely brilliant! I WILL be CASing that, you know this, right? ;)

Now this triple decket ice cream cone card is pure bliss! I definitely can see the sparkle and shine on them and the sprinkles look sparkly too! This layout is superb and the paper piercings in the corners are really wonderful! Wow!! What awesome work!!

Dawn Easton on 10:22 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh Donna...I love them both!! They both are such fun layouts! The floral card is so pretty, that image is gorgeous!
Your ice cream card is sooooooo yummy! I can't wait for my set to arrive!

Melanie on 10:26 PM CDT said...

free stamps in the house, woot! I love you waterocloring and CE on the polka dots this is my fave sample I've seen with this image!

Libby Hickson on 10:47 PM CDT said...

Love both of these! And also love Creamy Creations.. yummmmmmmmm! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love both of these! Awesome sketches.

Rachelle on 8:35 PM CDT said...

yummy! your icecream card looks awesome

Kristine on 7:59 AM CDT said...

CUTE CARD donna. I keep telling myself to get out my "Perfect Party" ice cream cone--it's been years! :D Love your layout here...those squares really make your cone pop! :D LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

Jessie/knightrone on 1:12 PM CDT said...

Awesome stuff Donna!! You sure picked the right release to win ALL the stamp sets, they totally rocked this time!!

Karin and the DT-Members on 8:28 AM CDT said...

Awesome cards Donna! Love the colors you used and the images are awesome! That ice cream is good enough to eat! TFS!
BTW... you won the Dutch Dare challenge... check it out and let me know if you need any help contacting Sandra!

Rose Ann on 1:37 PM CDT said...

Both of these are fabulous, Donna!!! The first is sooo beautiful, and the second is way yummy!!

Post a Comment