Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feline Sisters


Sometimes you just never know how a moment in time will affect your life on a daily basis. Two times it happened (within 6 months of each other). The first was after a Pampered Chef kitchen show (November 2000) and a kitten walked up to our doorstep. She had no collar and was about 3 months old. We welcomed her into our home (we had 2 dogs already) and never let her go after she hung around for a few days & realized she needed us. We named her Chica (she is an american shorthair - the one on the left).

The second time, May 5, 2001 a little black & white kitten no more than 8 weeks old ran across 4 lanes of traffic & we rescued her from a certain death from the cylinder between 2 tires of a van (these are the short versions). We almost didn't keep her but couldn't bear thinking of her untimely fate if she was not adopted from the shelter we gave her to. We ended up adopting her and named her Elsie (my mistake thinking the Borden cow was black & white, she is brown & tan).
These 2 cats did NOT like one another at first...and with 2 large dogs it was a rough few days acclimating them to the new arragangement. All these years later (short one dog who ran away from home one night) we can't imagine life without them. Elsie is forever at my side and Chica well she loves you when you have food. But you'd never know looking at the picture above they didn't get along at first.

I was delighted to see Melanie made 2 cats leaning on one another in her Cuddles and Hugs set by Gina K Designs. I was so excited to color them like my fur babies! I will be sending this card to someone special who loves cats. I used the SCS sketch challenge (SC181) from last week as well as the color combo (CC171 Kraft, Soft Sky & Basic Black); they were perfect for a simple card with a simple message - but will make a grand statement to this cat lover!
Pin It

10 comments on "Feline Sisters"

Alex on 10:27 AM CDT said...

I just love reading your posts Donna, they always make me smile! I love your card, it is adorable, and that pic of your fur babies is precious! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman on 12:02 PM CDT said...

Sweet card! It looks like a couple of recent SC challenges! Love that pic of your kitties, they seem very happy now!

Barbara Schram on 12:20 PM CDT said...

I love these cats! And I am even allergic to cats! They are precious and whatever way they are colored is terrific! Love your story...I wish we could have a kitty, but it is just not medically possible.

Lee on 2:36 PM CDT said...

How sweet are your feline babies!!!! And a wonderful card in tribute to them!! I'm hoping my stamps are here today!!! I don't have any patience these days!!! LOL

Jessie/knightrone on 7:11 PM CDT said...

How super cute!! I love the picture of your two cats together!!! Adorable!!

Jodi Collins on 9:58 PM CDT said...

Donna...you and I must be kindred spirits!!! I have FOUR cats....all rescues! My first one Kharma (hence my name on SCS) is my stamping buddy!!! Our most recent kitten, Gus Gus (our 2 year old is WAAAAAY into Cinderella right now), I found at work!! Someone must have dumped in in the parking garage, and I heard him crying!!! I think cats are like potato chips...can't have just one!!!
By the way...could you be any cuter :)

Ila on 12:45 AM CDT said...

This is So Cute!! Love the photo of your kitties and the great story that went with it!!

Janine on 8:15 AM CDT said...

Such a cute card!!

Rose Ann on 3:51 PM CDT said...

Pure sweetness! Love your story, and your adorable card!

Melanie on 8:12 AM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing the stories of how your family grew, I love the kraft and simplicity of this card, outstanding!

Post a Comment