Sunday, June 15, 2008

WSC52 & Dutch Dare Missing You



Here is another card that shows how much I am missing my family in CA - I think I will send it to my oldest sister Val. I will always remember how sad she is when I am about to head to the airport after a visit (long or short). Tears just stream down her face every time. I know it may be harder on her that I am not around, because we lived together alone without our mom for a year after she died and it was real lonely for her after. But now she has her complete family to fill many voids in her life. I still ache because of the separation.
This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch 52 (that's a WHOLE YEAR of them!) and it is also for the Dutch Dare Card Challenge Blog #1 (use Pink) that my buddy Monika M.A.D. Stamper shared, I just had to use one of the sweet Magnolia images she sent me in my birthday card recently. Thanks, Monika - you are so thoughtful and it was FUN to color with my prismacolor pencils & oms. The designer paper (dp) I used is from Basic Grey Sultry. Love those pinks & browns!
Pin It

16 comments on "WSC52 & Dutch Dare Missing You"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:27 PM CDT said...

Oh how sweet, Donna! That image is just darling and you colored it beautifully!

Carolyn King on 11:38 PM CDT said...

this is awesome...love how the image comes out of the box...

I am so touched by your comments too---what a special bond you and your sister have. All of my family is in PA so I know what you mean. My mom, actually, cries so much when I leave every summer...
(((Donna))))

Rose Ann on 11:54 PM CDT said...

Your card is incredibly sweet and perfectly colored!! Very special indeed!!

Carolina on 5:18 AM CDT said...

I feel that we live such parallel lines...my sis and I are as close peas and carrots (to quote Forest Gump) and the furthest we've lived from each other was an hour when I moved to SF to go to college there.

Huge hugs friend and I know your sis will love this amazingly beautiful card!

Karin and the DT-Members on 6:34 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna,

what a great card. And you've used a lot of pink. Thanks for entering the Dutch Dare.

xoxo karin

Cheryl on 7:27 AM CDT said...

Wow, it's a great card! Awesome colouring!

Hugs, Cheryl

Dawn Easton on 8:09 AM CDT said...

Such a cute image Donna...wonderfully coloured!

Lee on 9:30 AM CDT said...

Donna.........how absolutely precious and adorable and such a special card for your sis!!! What a treasure to have such a bond!!!

Ilona de Jong on 10:04 AM CDT said...

Very nice card.

Greetings Ilona

Linsey R on 10:22 AM CDT said...

Oh, Val will adore this sweet creation, Donna! I know what you mean, I'm always so sad after I leave my family to go back home too. You must be so close with your fam and that is a true blessing, however it does sometimes feel unbearable, sniff! Anyhoo this card is gorgeous, your coloring is superb! I love how you made her little basket popping off the main panel! Perfect dp, so pretty! Wonderful work!

marjolijn on 10:55 AM CDT said...

Your card is very cute and very "PINK"
I love it.
Thanks for playing, and I hope we see you next challenges.
XXX Marjolijn

Marilyn on 11:13 AM CDT said...

You are so talented with your coloring Donna!! Ever thought of giving a class! I'd be there!! Love this card, and I can appreciate the special bond with your sister, there is nothing like it!!

Bev on 1:13 PM CDT said...

I absolutely adore this card!!!!

Dianette Seda on 2:22 PM CDT said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for participating!

Monika/Buzsy on 10:15 AM CDT said...

Donna! You are so sweet... using one those images and supporting the challenge blog! Love the coloring and the way you left the basket hanging... TFS!

Karin and the DT-Members on 8:29 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna,

check http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com

Post a Comment