Sunday, June 22, 2008

For the Mr. & Mrs.


Here is the first card I made using Melanie's new set Cuddles and Hugs by Gina K Designs for a wedding I attended last night. I used SCS' LSC173-It's NOT Hip To Be Square Limited Supplies Challenge from Friday - to make a shaped card. I knew the flamingos (and matching 'For the Mr. & Mrs.' sentiment -on the envelope would fit the bill for a wedding card). I used 'love' from the Just so Hippy set & stamped it in between the flamingos - loving how the space forms a heart.

Here is the happy couple who got married on a boat at Canyon Lake. It was my first time meeting his lovely bride because they recently got back together (after being apart for the past 8 years). They looked SOO happy and I am happy for them. Robert is one of my 'brothers' - since John and I were 'adopted' into my friend Kay's family MANY years ago. Robert is 6 years younger than me but about 14 inches taller. Our families have been there for one another through lots of trials & events over the years. Kay happens to be one of my customers too (but that's secondary to the fact we are friends/family first).


Here is mom Kay. She didn't realize I took this picture of her because I stole the moment during the ceremony. I love those kind of shots (even though it's a little blurry) - she has so much love written on her face and you can tell she couldn't be more thrilled about Michelle coming back to the family because she always loved her. Kay and other family members pulled this wedding off in about 3 weeks because Michelle's brother was here on vacation from Alaska (going back this week) and she wanted him to be a part of their wedding. I found out their first date in '97 was going out for coffee - and the date that reunited them was too, which is why Kay made these favors and the nuggets - chocolate goes with everything!

This was one of the most special weddings I have attended; it was intimate - only 60 people allowed on the boat although I don't think there were that many. It was quite humid (and little white bugs flying around and tight quarters) but once we started moving on the water, it was just beautiful. The bride & groom rode off into the sunset on her step-dad's smaller boat and we took a moment to have someone get our picture before the moment was gone. We ended the evening with the toast & cake and saying our good-byes. It was really a moment to treasure and we were happy to be a part of.

Pin It

16 comments on "For the Mr. & Mrs."

Melissa on 2:32 PM CDT said...

So sweet Donna!

Many Blessings,
M.

Linsey R on 2:44 PM CDT said...

awww, what a wonderful day! I love weddings and this one sounds like it was very special, indeed!What a lovely photo of you 2, and the others as well...I love how you write so beautifully the words to go with the photos. Congrats to the bride and groom and to you for making it thru a super busy weekend! Hugs, my friend! :)

tyrymom29 on 3:52 PM CDT said...

AWW, what great pictures Everyone looked stunning !! The card you made is Awesome ~~~~ Congratulations to the bride and Groom !!!

Alex on 4:01 PM CDT said...

Your card is gorgeous Donna and the pictures are fabulous - you look mahvahous dahling - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman on 6:07 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card! That ribbon looks so yummy! Loved hearing about the wedding, it sounds very special. Great picture of you and dh too with that beautiful background!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 9:25 PM CDT said...

SO sweet! Love those love birds (you too!) :0)

Marilyn on 2:01 PM CDT said...

What a special wedding this was Donna!! Loved the picture of you and your husband too - amazing sunset in the background - wow!! Weddings like that really make me cry! I love it when the people getting married are truly meant to be - your card is darling too! Love the swans together - just perfect!!

Vanessa on 2:42 PM CDT said...

You looked gorgeous Donna! Those wedding favors are great. . .but of course, this is coming from a coffee lover. The pic of you and your DH is great. . .the sun setting is so romantic.

Bee's Zen Garden on 3:09 PM CDT said...

Cool pic of you and hubby with the sunset! And your card is perfect! :-)

Jessie/knightrone on 7:58 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a beautiful wedding!! Awesome favors and an awesome story!!

sophia landry on 9:45 AM CDT said...

It sure looks like you had a wonderful time! These are the things that make life a pleasure....those special moments with family and friends.

Carolina on 2:04 PM CDT said...

Beautiful pics - thanks for sharing those! The card is stunning and the photo of the two of you with that sunset...just breathtaking!

Melanie on 7:58 PM CDT said...

I ALWAYS cry at weddings!!
love that you used my hugs set for their card, hee! your simple shadows are perfect!

Lee on 12:21 AM CDT said...

Wow!!! How very special!!! I love the flamingo card as I adore those cute lil birds!!!! LOL And what awesome and meaningful photos!!! I love that one with you two!!!!

Rose Ann on 4:17 PM CDT said...

I love your sweet wedding card! Fabulous pictures!! I especially love the one of you an your DH!

Anonymous said...

Donna I am glad you and John made it to the wedding. Michelle and I would like to thank you so much for the Card it was beutifull. Hope to see you soon. Thanks to everyone else for your congratulations.

Post a Comment