Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Seals in Love


My sister Deana & DH Frankie will be celebrating their 14th year of marriage this year so I thought it would be perfect to make a seal card with them holding up their love. They are a great couple, lots of fun, generous, loving. Last year she surprised him with a trip to Mexico on a cruise for his birthday!

A few months ago I got a mirror image stamp for 1/2 price at Michael's because sometimes you either have to make an image the opposite way or in this case, make 2 of the same image but facing each other and this is the way to do it!

I didn't realize until after I uploaded the card that I failed to 'ground' the seals but I didn't have the desire to do it all over again. All coloring is with my Prismacolor pencils & OMS and the reason I put the pretty in pink splatter from itty bitty backgrounds is because there was a smudge on the main image that I noticed after I finished coloring. What a great stamp to fix those kind of boo-boos. I think it really adds to the fun factor of the card. The little heart brads are from Melanie (I believe she got them at Joann's). The seals are from Jumping for Joy & the heart & love from Just so Hippy both illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger you can purchase at Gina K Designs. I forgot to take a picture of the inside...I combined greetings from Just s Hippy and Hip Hop Accessories - 'Hippy Anniversary to the Hoppiest Couple' Pin It

12 comments on "Seals in Love"

Alex on 12:31 PM CDT said...

They are adorable and so is this card - how totally sweet!! I love this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 1:05 PM CDT said...

Oh how sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! I love those seals in love!!! And I wanna hear more about a mirror image stamp......I tried following a tutorial to do this on my own and totally bombed it!!! LOL

Rose Ann on 3:27 PM CDT said...

This is so adorable, Donna!! I love how you did your mirror image, fabulous coloring, and pretty paper! They are sure to love and appreciate this!!

Deb Wood on 4:23 PM CDT said...

OH my gosh this is just too cute!! great job with the mirror image! They are going to love it!!

huntla1 on 9:21 PM CDT said...

Very cute! I love the saying you put together -- sounds perfect for the couple you described!

Angie Tieman on 12:25 AM CDT said...

Very pretty! They will love it! I love how you repeated the heart in the stamp with the little heart brads, precious!

Jennifer Love on 4:47 AM CDT said...

What a great card for a great couple! :) I'm sure they won't at all realized you didn't ground them. hehe! Beautiful!

Melanie on 7:15 AM CDT said...

hee hee! high five(flipper slap!)

Julie Koerber on 9:11 AM CDT said...

This is tooo cute! I have always wondered if those mirror image stamps really work. I always thought the stamp would look more like a "second generation." Do I need to go to Mikes? HHHhhhhmm, is this a need or a want!?!? LOL! I just read on Lee's site that you're reading My Sister's Keeper. That was a page turner. I don't want to spoil anything but let's just say -- the ending is a shocker!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

This card is so wonderfully sweet! Your coloring is fabulous!!

Unknown on 7:55 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna!! I love the way you made 2 and the colors are wonderful! :)

Linsey R on 10:32 AM CDT said...

oH, these seals just look in love! What a great card for anniversaries or Valentine's--ohh, such inspiring stuff!! That's why I come here!!! :) hugs!

Post a Comment