Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Inspiration Challenge & Happy Mail Day!


While trying to catch up with my Google Reader (down to 395 posts) I came across an Inspiration Challenge #4 posted by Pamela at Paper Askew that I really wanted to participate in. It's my first time participating in one and I think I've been missing out! There are so many out there right now to choose from but this one caught my eye because the room looked so nice and I love the colors! I chose to work with the stripes, flowers and Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Basic Black. So naturally I went to my Sultry Basic Grey DP. The focal image was colored with reinkers on watercolor paper. It is a 3x3 card that is the actual place for a greeting, held in place by the photo turner, the basic black base is just for matting purposes. I suppose I could have photographed it open so you could see, but I bet you can imagine what it looks like. I was using scraps which is what I go to first before cutting a whole sheet of c/s.

After stalking the mail all week - I finally received my birthday gift from Kim at My Favorite Things! It was her biggest blog giveaway - the whole June release! It was announced the day after my birthday last week, so that' why I say it was my birthday gift from her. Of course I don't know Kim personally, but a few months ago I actually won Ride 'em Cowgirl too so it was my 2nd time to win her blog candy! yea me!! Anyway, I totally LOVE all the sets this month so I immediately got a few inky for some weekend challenges I did.
Pin It

13 comments on "First Inspiration Challenge & Happy Mail Day!"

Pamela Smerker on 10:21 PM CDT said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Donna! Thanks for playing along.

Angie Tieman on 11:39 PM CDT said...

Ooooh, beautiful card! Love how you did the opening piece on the front with the photo slide. I hadn't heard you won all those stamps, that's fantastic!! Congrats!!

Kim on 8:56 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna!!! Love it!

Lee on 3:54 PM CDT said...

Oh there is no way this could be your first inspiration challenge!!! But then......look who I'm talking to!!! What a fabulous take on that photo.....I love that image!!! And congrats on getting those goodies!!! Hugs!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:28 PM CDT said...

WOW, what a gorgeous card! So soft and elegant. . .love that Victorian feel it has!

Ila on 9:17 PM CDT said...

This is Absolutley Beautiful!! I love it!!

Rose Ann on 11:57 PM CDT said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Donna!! You've done a lovely job with the inpiration piece, and I love your piercing, pretty papers, and beautifully colored image!!

Carolina on 5:23 AM CDT said...

Yeay, so fun to see your beautiful new stamp to good use! Adorable card!

Thanks so much for the equally adorable card you sent me and I'm already putting it to good use - HUGS!!!

Linsey R on 10:26 AM CDT said...

hehe, I got this stamp too! You are so motivated!!! I love your choice of sultry dp, the scallop bottom is lovely and your paper piercings look fabulous! I like the little anchor accent too! supah pretty card and I WANT that room!!! :)

Unknown on 10:47 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna - LOVE the green! :)

Cat Tidwell on 3:12 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your take on the challenge! Awesome colors you used and layout.

Carrie Gaskin on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Fantastic! Thanks for participating.

Unknown on 11:23 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna - you guys are all so creative - it is amazing :)

Post a Comment