Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sammy the Seal came out to play...


Here is the first card I made with Melanie's Jumping for Joy set by Gina K Designs. I LOVE this set - well, I love ALL of Melanie's sets and this is no different! I just want my MOJO back so I can make more cards!!

This card is on its way to a special blogging friend - she should get it any day now!! I found a pkg of cute red, white & blue star brads at Hobby Lobby that fit perfectly on the platform (drum?)-which was colored with Prismacolor Pencils along with the star balloons (my favorite). I colored Sammy the Seal with copics - see how badly my Mojo is? I mixed coloring mediums without realizing it until now! ugh - the red dp is Basic Grey Cupcake Pin It

13 comments on "Sammy the Seal came out to play..."

Lee on 10:34 PM CDT said...

Ohhhh how adorable Donna!!! I haven't inked up the seal yet!! Those star balloons are soooo cooool!!! And a bit glitzy too!! What a special card!! I wanna see more Melanie creations!!!!

Dawn Easton on 8:00 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is adorable! So wonderfully coloured girl!

Annapurna on 8:45 AM CDT said...

Love this guy with the balloons and a firecracker in the other.

Gabby is the cutest and I love all the things you made with her pictures.

Right now my MOJO is up in the air too, but may be it will be back in a few. I think it has something to do with the guilt of staying indoors when I should actually be outdoors.

A stiff competition is always good. You should enter when you are back to normal. At least I will get more ideas of how to use these sets.

Bee's Zen Garden on 10:31 AM CDT said...

Cute card, Donna! I love the little twine and brads accents... Don't beat yourself up on mixing mediums on the same image, Gina does it all the time and her cards are fab...

Hope you get your mojo back soon, mine is completely gone too, maybe it's the season!....

Alex on 11:36 AM CDT said...

how stinkin' adorable Donna - she is going to love this!! What a cute image! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Barbara Schram on 11:42 AM CDT said...

A superstar, that's what you are! Great card Donna!

Deb Wood on 2:20 PM CDT said...

This is adorable, I find it hard to believe you lost your mojo. I needed these so bad and haven't even cut them out yet because I have no energy or mojo. LOL!

Angie Tieman on 6:44 PM CDT said...

Very cute!! Love the star brads and the way the seal is lifted up off the card! Great dimension!

Rose Ann on 7:40 PM CDT said...

This is so adorable, and I love the red, white, and blue theme!! I love the dimension too!! (I still need to order my set, 'cause it's just too cute!!)

Monika/Buzsy on 9:32 PM CDT said...

Awesome card Donna! Ithink your mojo is back! Just go with the flow! Love the colors even with the 2 different mediums... TFS!

Carolina on 4:34 AM CDT said...

What an amazing card Donna! Love the balloons and the your amazing coloring...so fun!!!

Melanie on 7:34 AM CDT said...

great little shadow at the btoom! You're so funny about the mixed media!! it's okay if it rturn s out theis cute, no one will turn you into the coloring police! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 9:24 PM CDT said...

How totally adorable!! So awesome!!

Post a Comment