Thursday, July 17, 2008

2S4Y #4 My Dear Kind & Wonderful Friend


I looked at Laura's sketch this week & scratched my head a little with the middle scallop hanging off the edge, but hey they aren't called challenges for nothing! I wanted to make my card so it was still deliverable because I will be sending it in the mail so my card base is 4" wide so the scallops are 4 1/4"-mission accomplished. I just received the All Holidays stamp set by SU! for achieving a goal for my sales during sale-a-bration, I lost quite a few sentiment sets last year when the All Year Cheers retired. I really like this set, I had been eyeing all the cards made with it the past year. I am getting real excited about all the new stuff - just about 3 more weeks to go!!

I used 3 of my favorite colors I hadn't used in a while, several years ago I made a card for an upline event using them that won me $50 in free product for best of show card! I really like them together especially with this set.
Stamps: All Holidays, Fresh Cut Notes
Cardstock/Inks: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Basic Black
Accessories: silver brad, paper piercer, slit punch (so happy we are getting a new scallop edge punch!!) celery wide grosgrain ribbon.
Pin It

24 comments on "2S4Y #4 My Dear Kind & Wonderful Friend"

Cat Tidwell on 6:32 AM CDT said...

This is jus gorgeous, Donna! I too had a hard time with the scallop over the edge, thats why mine only pokes over just a tad, lol. I absolutely love you idea of putting the ribbon on the scallop like that! I agree, fantastic colors together too.

Laura Davis on 6:56 AM CDT said...

This is beautiful Donna I love the colors you choose!
Laura

tiggertastic on 6:59 AM CDT said...

This is so pretty, fantastic work and use of colours

Sarah x

danni reid. on 8:46 AM CDT said...

the palette is absolutely stunning on this one!!! beautiful card!

Christi Flores on 10:12 AM CDT said...

This is so sweet!! I've tried this sketch once this week and it did not look right at all but after seeing this I think I might need to try again! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa on 10:27 AM CDT said...

It's lovely Donna!

Many Blessings,
M.

Pamela Smerker on 10:55 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card as usual! I love these colors together, will have to remember that combo. I can't wait for the new products either.

Kath Stewart on 1:07 PM CDT said...

gorgeous card for the sketch and love your colour combo
kath
xxxx

Jessie/knightrone on 2:29 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!! I love the color combo!!

Lisa on 4:28 PM CDT said...

Wow, this is really, really nice!!

Rose Ann on 4:29 PM CDT said...

That's a great sketch, and your card is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

This si excellent blog, I will come again

Alex on 6:44 PM CDT said...

Turned out gorgeous Donna, I love those colors together! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:05 PM CDT said...

Just beautiful, Donna!

Hannah on 10:57 PM CDT said...

Oh... I LOVE IT. Those new greeting stamps look so neat!

Lee on 1:01 AM CDT said...

Ohhh.........love the color combo!! And the bg is sure gorgeous!! The little flower cut out is so cute!! Another FABulous creation from you!!!!

Linsey R on 1:43 AM CDT said...

I can see why you won that contest, these colors are gorgeous! I love your card and how you interpreted this sketch! I like it, it's interesting and very attractive! I've been needing some inspiration and I think this just might be the boost I've been looking for! Hopefully can try it on Friday! Thanks for sharing it, Donna! Your work is wonderful and delightful, as always! ps-I will share a pic wearing my beautiful new jewerly you made on my blog soon (I just haven't had an "I feel pretty" day lately) hehe. I wore my necklace, earrings and ring all day today, though. :)

Melanie on 7:04 AM CDT said...

veey pretty!!!!
goodbye for now, hugs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. this is stunning!!! :) Love everything about it!!

Marilyn on 12:16 PM CDT said...

Love how you used the ribbon - totally awesome card!! Enjoyed reading your seven fun facts too!!

marcibun on 12:39 PM CDT said...

What a pretty card :)

Lori K on 4:49 PM CDT said...

So pretty! This color combo is great and It reminds me to use my little hole punch thingy....Love that SU.

Linda Beeson on 6:02 PM CDT said...

What a great use of that sketch!

Angie Tieman on 1:08 AM CDT said...

This is so pretty, Donna! Love that wide ribbon over the scallops! Great job with the sketch!

Post a Comment