Sunday, July 6, 2008

Page Plans Sketch - Summertime...


...and the livin' is easy. You Are My Sunshine set by Gina K Designs had yet to see ink so there's no time like the present since I needed to make something with my first sketch as a guest designer for Page Plans! This is Lesli's Sketch 12 (check out the link for more design team inspiration, if you like to scrapbook there are layouts for that every week too!). I found my DP at Hobby Lobby (not sure who makes it) but it had a match for Wild Wasabi so I had to get it [& later realized PTI's Lemon Tart]. It said Summer Fun to me. I colored the drink with Copics & added Crystal Effects to the ice cubes & Sakura glitter pen to the lemon. I captured the sparkle in my card - SCORE!

Here is the inside, since it focused on refreshing lemonade I placed a drink packet on the inside & stamped with the relaxing image of the beach chair, umbrella, sand & surf. Wish I was there...but in Central TX you have to drive FAR to get to the beach and when you do, well...let's just say they leave something to desire if you've ever been to a CA beach!

I also found another challenge blog - surprise! this one is A Spoon Full of Sugar and this card has circles on it, which is their challenge for this week.

There is a prize up for grabs every week on Page Plans (sketches revealed on Sundays) and A Spoon Full of Sugar (sketches revealed on Tuesday) - why not make a card incorporating the two and upload your card to their posts? See if you win?!?
Pin It

12 comments on "Page Plans Sketch - Summertime..."

Lee on 12:11 PM CDT said...

Ohhh..........yum and yum!!! What a fun and refreshing card! I LOVE the mix inside.......I have those packets and what a fun little RAK to send out!! You have such awesome ideas my friend!! The CE on the ice cubes is sooo cooool!!! LOL

Monika/Buzsy on 12:36 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! Love the lay-out and the images you used... TFS!

Lesli on 12:52 PM CDT said...

I really loved this card - I think I may have to card lift the idea :) Do you mind? Great job!

Janine on 1:57 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna!! HAve a great day!

Jennifer Love on 4:10 PM CDT said...

How fun is this?! Fantastic!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 7:10 PM CDT said...

So Sweet!!!! Love these.

Barbara on 5:26 AM CDT said...

Donna....I love this!
And I'm so glad that I found your blog site! It's awesome!
You are SO creative. I will be popping in regular. ;-)
Have a marvelous week ahead.....
Barb in SC

Christi Flores on 11:14 AM CDT said...

This is fantastic!! So summery!!

Carolina on 5:30 PM CDT said...

What a great sketch and love how you made this into a treat holder. Thanks for the reminder about this set...I have yet to ink it up - LOL!

Unknown on 5:56 PM CDT said...

How awesome Donna! What a great idea!! :)

Rose Ann on 1:56 AM CDT said...

This is such great idea, and your card is so pretty too!! Fabulous, Donna!!

Linsey R on 12:10 AM CDT said...

OMGosh, this just super duper cool!!! I love it SO much! What a wonderfully fun idea and it really turns this into a great little summertime gift! That lemonade truly looks good enough to gulp down--totally realistic! YOu are so on top of everything too, with all these sketches and challenges and such--Not only does your blog provide a huge dose of inspiration, it's an stamper information hub too! I love it-you are great!

Post a Comment