Monday, July 21, 2008

Page Plans Sketches: A Cowgirl and Precious Girl


There is a special suprise at Page Plans this week: all the DT uploaded a card AND a layout sketch! So here are my two. I truly love this tall card, but usually shy away from them because of all the open space that tends to happen. Well because of all the great elements in the sketch, I was able to fill it all up and probably wouldn't have thought about all the ways by myself. I added cuttlebug embossing for more texture on the bottom portions. This card showcases the Paper Pretties Stamp of the Month for August (you can get it early if you sign up for the club) called Howdy Girlfriend. I just realized I didn't put a sentiment anywhere. Guess sometimes you fill up the whole card and it's forgotten. I can always add something to the inside and let the front image & details speak for themselves.

I believe I should start utilizing the layout sketches out there more so I can actually get some of my scrapbooking done. This was great because now I have a cute page to send my sister of her precious little girl learning to drink from the water hose. In the first picture you can see she is helping to water the flowers with her Nina Andrea & Nino Micky and was getting all wet! Then, he decided to show her how to drink from it and boy can you see the excitement!?!? The Joys of being a kid, finding delight in the little things. How do we lose that over the years as we grow up? I always want to find joy in the little things. She is a joy to me for sure. Just hearing her little voice yell, "love youuuu" on the phone makes me smile on the inside and outside!! I remember there was a time she just listened to me on the phone and now she is talking to me. It's priceless. I used my inspiration for this card from Week #1 Color Throwdown blog.

Card Details
Stamps: Paper Pretties Howdy Girlfriend
Cardstock/Inks: Palette Burnt Umber, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Hemp twine, Large pewter eyelets, fire circle rhinestones, cb embossing folders, small star punch, brads, metallic rub on paste
Scrapbook page details:
Stamps: Fresh Cut Notes,
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Basic Grey Infuse

Accessories: Primas, Thickers, Pink Taffeta ribbon & brad, clear rhinestones Pin It

13 comments on "Page Plans Sketches: A Cowgirl and Precious Girl"

Jana Weaver on 6:39 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card, I love all the textures and lines...awesome!! And the page with your niece is just tooo cute! And yes, those phone calls are something to treasure! :-)

Cat Tidwell on 8:00 AM CDT said...

Oh I LOVE how you did that bottom section! well, all of the card actually but that is so neat on the bottom, need to case that! LOVE it!

Your niece is about the same age as my grandbaby. He will be 2 in Sept. And your niece is soooo precious! And i know what you mean about the joys they find in the little things!

Christie Ortman on 8:38 AM CDT said...

Donna - I LOVE that layout on the bottom with the different embossing on each panel! It looks so nice! You're neice is very sweet!!!

Angie Tieman on 10:01 AM CDT said...

Super cute projects! Love that western girl and all your western details! Of course, your precious niece makes any page perfect!

Lee on 10:37 AM CDT said...

Oh that card is soooooooo coooooool!!! I love that size and the cb'ing on the bottom portion is awesome!!! And that page is gorgeous! The photos are darn adorable......brings back memories of mine when they were "discovering" things like that too!!!! LOL

Marilyn on 11:30 AM CDT said...

This cowgirl card is just the cutest! I love the tall card!! Also your page is darling of your little niece!! I am loving those felt letters too!

Christi Flores on 1:30 PM CDT said...

I LOVE that layout on that card!! Very unique!! That layout is adorable!! Love those pics!!

Alex on 2:38 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna, I love what you did with this sketch (I am working on mine today!) love the colors and that cute little cowgirl! And, your page - WOW!!! Just a wonderful layout, girl!! Love it!! I gave you an award on my blog!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

blah on 3:40 PM CDT said...

Love the card!!!! The cuttlebugged layers at the bottom rock.

Cute scrapbook page!!! I keep saying I'm going to start scrapping one of these days and I'm sure I will once I get over the intimidation factor.

Rose Ann on 4:28 PM CDT said...

I love your tall cowgirl card!! It's so cute, and I love the paisley embossing and jumbo eyelets with bling!

Your scrapbook page is fabulous too, and what a great subject! ;)

Unknown on 8:36 PM CDT said...

Great job with the Page Plans card!!! So GREAT!! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 4:13 PM CDT said...

Your card is awesome Donna!! What a fabulous memory for your sister and your niece, she is so cute!!

Linsey R on 1:29 AM CDT said...

These are amazing, Donna! That PP tall card is divine with all the embossing and wonderful details! Amazing coloring! What a fabulous scrapbook page! Gabby is as cute as ever! love it!

Post a Comment