Friday, July 4, 2008

My Favorite Guest Designer & a RAK


My Favorite Things had a new release party this Weds. I missed all but the last 45 mins because it was a busy evening for me, but it was fun! Here are the cards I made to enter the contests they have.
First challenge is to make a birthday card since we are celebrating MFT and Kim's birthdays this week. I used the template I made for the boot card I shared on Weds (I can upload a pattern as soon as I have time and can figure out the best way to). I used Ride 'em Cowgirl & Let's Go For a Walk (Celebrate in Style).

Second challenge is to make a card incorporating stars - well that was easy, especially since it's the 4th of July today! Happy 4th to everyone celebrating! For this, I went with a simple layout (sortof A*Muse style which is not really my style although I do own a 'few' of their stamps which I haven't used in over a year). I paper-pieced some star adhesive DCWV mat stack for the house roof & car.
Last is to make a card & pierce your paper. I used Annie LaPoint's Chamomile for this card. Ornare piercing template in corner of card and the flowers I used? From Charmaine - see below. I also CB'd my pretty in Pink layer on the left and finished it off with rubbing some metallic rub-on paste but went a tad overboard with it. Oh well.

I got a great big 'ol goodie belated birthday package from Charmaine - Oodabug Alley and here is my birthday card - isn't this Changito adorable? Love it! Some of the goodies included the bridal flowers (white, ivory, pink & blue used in the card above). That was so sweet of you Charmaine - Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I'm so glad we're friends & Prettie Girls too.
Pin It

10 comments on "My Favorite Guest Designer & a RAK"

Jennifer Love on 1:28 PM CDT said...

Oh my word! These are FABULOUS!!

Angie Tieman on 2:11 PM CDT said...

Look at you go, girl!! A stampin' fool! lol! I love all of your cards, especially that simple "a Muse" style that you say is not normally you, it's fabulous!! Happy 4th to you and your family! Hugs!

Deb Wood on 2:52 PM CDT said...

I love the boot card with the buckle and the paisley CB!! Fabulous! The second card is a cutie and the third card is beautiful!!

I love the card Charmaine sent you, I definitely need that sentiment!!

Happy 4th!!

Joy on 8:38 PM CDT said...

AAAACK! Way more super cute cards! :)

Vanessa on 9:36 PM CDT said...

LOVE the boot!

Lee on 10:44 PM CDT said...

WOWZA Donna!!!! I'm sooo in love with your boot template........I'll be CASE'ing that for sure!!! The paisley embossing is just the perfect touch!!! Your cards are always so amazing......that piercing design is gorgeous!!! :)

Rose Ann on 1:01 AM CDT said...

Busy girl, you! All of these are awesome!! I love your paisley boot card, and your piecing you did on your cute patriotic card!! Your floral card is super pretty, and I love your piercing!!

Charmaine's card is darling!! Love that cute monkey!!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:06 AM CDT said...

Love your MFT challenge cards, good luck! Charmaines card is super cute too!!

Carolina on 3:34 PM CDT said...

Oh awesome MFT challenge cards - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Love the Changito card you got from Charmaine...it's just adorable!

Kristine on 4:15 PM CDT said...

Super duper cute--all of them. I especially love your boot cards. Hey, here's just a tip: you can download a FREE pdf converter, so if you have a template, just scan it in, convert to a pdf and upload to your blog! www.primopdf.com

Hope you are able to get it on here and share with everyone--it's super cute!

Post a Comment