Saturday, July 12, 2008

Creatures Double Take


Still lovin' on my creatures so here are 2 cards for your viewing pleasure (if you like these quirky funny creatures) and it seems like lots of you do. You can click on the photos to see them larger.

My 1st card is for John's co-worker who recently had surgery. His co-workers are a great bunch; they do a lot of things together, there is a great comraderie among them & they have fun at work together (it's necessary for them to keep their sanity with the type of work they do) and outside of work. I used to have the same thing when I lived in CA. If you read my blog on a regular basis, you may have heard me mention a group of us go to the movies every other month or so. Basically when there is a great movie out that most want to see - we go right after work. They have department picnics, I went to the Christmas Party last year & there's more. I just really LIKE all of them! Plus it's the best working environment John has ever been in and I am so happy for him - he really deserves it since he is a hard worker & puts his all into it. Well, it wasn't hard for me to come up with a card to suit the occasion and since I have my JustRite monogram stamp I was able to personalize it with the group's name. I just know all of them are missing their co-worker so I placed the miss you in the middle to fill in space. I heard everyone liked the card & it means more business for me because of it *insert happy face*

My 2nd card is for Kazan's Sketch 4 (2 Sketches 4 You) and the Dutch Dare Challenge #5 to use one designer paper on your card. I got my color inspiration for this card from the 1st card. I had several of my copics laying out on the table and saw a great combo so this card was born and when I realized Basic Grey's mellow pad went perfectly with it - I scored!! It's a little busier than I usually do but it really fit the creatures so I went with it. I hand wrote Let's Party because I don't think I have one like that, don't these guys all look like they want to party? Even the little Rupert is bringing a birthday flower to the party.

Card #1
Stamps:
Starving Artistamps
Doodlefactory Collection, Just so Hippy by Gina K Designs, JustRite Monogram Stamper
Cardstock: Real Red, Soft Sky, PTI White, DP is Magnolia by My Mind's Eye
Ink: Real Red, Soft Sky, Palette Noir
Accessories: Soft Sky double stitch ribbon, horizontal punch, wire

Card #2 Starving Artistamps Doodlefactory Collection, Circle of Friendship by SU!
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, DP Basic Grey Mellow
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aquapainter, Stardust Sakura pen, Word Window punch, Pumpkin striped ribbon, linen thread, circle, star punches, brads

Pin It

24 comments on "Creatures Double Take"

Anonymous said...

These cards are some of the cutest Doodle Factory cards I have ever seen ... love how you masked your fun little group ... fabulous!

Monika/Buzsy on 2:03 PM CDT said...

Donna, great cards! Love those creatures! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Dutch Dare.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these are so fun!! I love them :)

Carolina on 2:08 PM CDT said...

Augh - you're killing me!!! I have to get these little creatures. I keep showing Gaven your blog to see if it's something he'd like and he keeps giving me this look like "Alright already, I said yes the first 10 times you showed me" - LOL! I like to turn stamps into magnets for him and then he plays with them on this magnet board I made for him. Anyway, love both cards and the colors are so much fun! Thanks for enabling and sharing!

Lee on 2:25 PM CDT said...

Those certainly are the cutest and funniest creatures ever!!! LOL And your cards are SUPERB!!!!!! What a great bunch of co-workers indeed!!! That helps the work day not to be as stressful!

Paperaddict on 2:34 PM CDT said...

ohhh, love those creatures - lovely cards you have got on your blog :-) Great work, you are an inspiration!
Love from Paperaddict

Jana Weaver on 2:47 PM CDT said...

These little guys are adorable...and your cards with them are spectacular! I don't think seeing just a stamp image of them would be that interesting, but you do such an amazing job with them I can't help but love them!

Bev on 3:13 PM CDT said...

Oh these creatures are just fabulous!! Love your cards, they are brilliant

Karin on 3:16 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna,

great cards. Love the stamps you've used.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare.

xoxo Karin

Heike's Creativeplace on 3:24 PM CDT said...

Wow, gorgeous Card so cute. The Image is so funny :-)))......

Vanessa on 3:35 PM CDT said...

LOVE these cards! I showed Sam and he really liked them. Hmmm, maybe ina few months those creatures will be mine. . .ALL MINE!

Kath Stewart on 4:21 PM CDT said...

Wow what a fabulous fun card for the sketch and such fun images
Love
kath
xxxx

Rose Ann on 4:31 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness....these are soooo cute, Donna!! I love how you have the smaller sized creatures as well! I love those layouts and your fabulous coloring!! Awesome!!

Unknown on 4:59 PM CDT said...

Donna these guys are fabulous AND I love how you interpreted the sketch this week :)

Nixe-Moni on 5:06 PM CDT said...

Woow, your cards are really great and so cute. Love the colours and the images. Great work.
Hugs, Moni

Lea L. on 6:51 PM CDT said...

How adorable are both of these! I love those stamps! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Cat Tidwell on 8:30 PM CDT said...

You make these little fellers so cute! I smile everytime I see them. Love the bright cherry colors on that first one and your take on the sketch challenge is awesome, love those stars with it!

ps. I just ordered one of them JustRite stamping things too, cant wait to get it!
pss. Thank you Donna for the wonderful encouragement you gave me on my blog...it sure makes me feel better! Hugssss!

Lori K on 8:47 PM CDT said...

What cute little creatures! So fun and the pp is perfect for them. Great card!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:13 PM CDT said...

OMGosh, these are so stinkin CUTEEEE!!! I love them!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 9:18 PM CDT said...

I came, I clicked, I swooned! I love these critters. Your colouring! The sign with that wire! The perfect layouts. It's all gorgeous! :0)

Jennifer Love on 9:43 PM CDT said...

You know what? Those odd little critters are really growing on me! heehee!

Great fun cards!

Angie Tieman on 10:53 PM CDT said...

MAn! These are awesome!! I love these guys, I may have to get them! That first card with all the monsters is SO perfect for a group of workers card. Your sketch card is amazing too, so creative and original!

Lisa on 4:11 AM CDT said...

Those little 'creatures' are just too cute and what a winning color combo.

DoodleFactory on 8:41 PM CDT said...

Wow, your DF cards are awesome! I really love what you've done with them. I've always wanted to put all the creatures together, but never got around to it. Seeing all of these make me giddy.

Post a Comment