Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OCCC - Apricot Appeal Inspiration & sweet photos


Have you ever wondered how SU! comes up with the names of their inks? It's funny, one of the first things I noticed when I was first introduced to them 5 1/2 years ago. I just got my 5 year pin {with diamond} as a demo the other day with a nice letter of acknowledgement. However I won't be going to convention in a few weeks to march across the stage in celebration. I'm o.k. with that though. I went to 2 or 3 of them and they were fun but my family comes first and my oldest sister Val has managed to have her babies a few months before convention 2 years apart and vacation/money is spent there instead and I'd have it no other way. **See bottom of post for updates on them**

Anyhow - here is my card for Our Creative Corner Challenge (Inspiration) from Sat. I used Toile Blossoms a retired oldie but goodie I had to stamp with for one last time before I mailed it off because I sold it. It had not been used in about 2 1/2 years and I need to make room for more stamps I intend to use.

Card Details:
Stamps: Toile Blossoms, Fresh Cuts, Canvas BGCardstock: PTI White, Apricot Appeal, Palette Prints DP, Watercolor
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: Nestabilities Circles, Chocolate, Ivory Taffeta Ribbon, faux dew drops, horizontal punch, sponges



**Personal Stuff: I miss my niece & nephew!

They went on their first trip to Disneyland this past weekend, I saw the photos they took there and Gabby is getting so tall! She is to the middle of my sister's belly and her hair is getting long! My nephew is getting big too - filling out for sure. He has the chubby legs & arms (Deana says she calls him the Michelin man) HA. Check out his crochet Dallas Cowboys boots - they came from my DMIL (Gramma Donna) doesn't he have the cutest smile?

Pin It

12 comments on "OCCC - Apricot Appeal Inspiration & sweet photos"

Angie Tieman on 8:46 AM CDT said...

This is gorgeous! Great job with the color challenge, it has exactly the right feel! Super cute pics of your niece and nephew too, I know all about missing nieces and nephews! :(

Unknown on 8:59 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna and what sweet children - they are just cuties! :)

Alex on 11:11 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card Donna, and those pictures are precious!! I would have loved meeting you at Convention, but can totally understand what you are saying - family DOES come first! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann on 1:53 PM CDT said...

Your card is soooo beautiful, Donna!! That picture of Gabby is so cute, and I love Joseph's happy smile!! They're adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....that card is absolutely gorgeous!
Barb g

Christi Flores on 3:42 PM CDT said...

Your card is stunning!! Your niece and nephew are adorable and I am LOVING those Dallas Cowboy booties (big fan here!). :)

Carolina on 3:58 PM CDT said...

Oh I can see why you miss her so, she has sweetness written all over her and your nephew looks so gib already - it's scary how fast they grow. Thanks for sharing those with us!

Your card is simply stunning! Love the layout and how elegant it looks!

Dawn Easton on 4:02 PM CDT said...

Donna, your card turned out beautifully! That old set is fabulous! Love that you were able to play along with us!!

Your neice and nephew are totally adorable!

Marilyn on 1:05 PM CDT said...

OOH this card is sooo pretty Donna! Love the use of the bigger dew drop in between the smaller ones! I have the Toile Blossoms set too that I seldom use - I am going to have to start purging soon... sigh - and the pictures of your sweet babies are absolutely PRECIOUS!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:04 PM CDT said...

Your card is gorgeous, but nothing compared to those two super cute kids you have there!! You are such a wonderful auntie, and they are so blessed to have you!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:08 PM CDT said...

Such a gorgeous card you made from that inspiration piece! WOW! What adorable pics, too! Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful!!! I hope I can do this stamp set justice. And your neice and nephew are just precious!!

Post a Comment