Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Kim & MFT (OCC Challenge)


A little birdie (weekend challenge) said that My Favorite Things is turning 2 years old today and Kim, the owner turns 40 too! What a celebration, for without Kim we would not have My Favorite Things! So, here is my card to celebrate both!

I actually designed my own card & did not use a sketch - I was inspired by someone just this weekend (but can't remember who...if you remember me commenting on you tilting your main image, let me know). I got my paper inspiration of Basic Grey Cupcake from Our Creative Corner Challenge Blog to use any Basic Grey paper on your card. Well, because Here's the Scoop set lends itself to paper-piecing I ended up using 6 patterns from that paper pad! How fun was that?? The only thing not paper pieced was her skin, ice cream & main area of her chair. I ended up stamping the inside of the card with the ice cream sundae and the sentiment You're Simply Sweet but I forgot to photograph it. If you want to make a card using any Basic Grey paper you have until Friday 12 noon EST to upload to their post to be entered in a drawing for $15 to Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Just do it! Pin It

6 comments on "Happy Birthday Kim & MFT (OCC Challenge)"

Dawn Easton on 9:15 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna...I LOVE this stamp set...awesome fun layout!

Cindy Haffner on 10:33 AM CDT said...

Love your card, thanks so much for playing with us.

Lee on 4:36 PM CDT said...

Oh how sweet!!! I love that BG paper and just got some recently! I love the paper piecing and really need to try that!

Bev on 4:38 PM CDT said...

Oh wow!! This is so gorgeous

Rose Ann on 7:17 PM CDT said...

I love your fun card and all of the pretty papers you've used!! Great LO too...and I love all of the bling!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:32 PM CDT said...

What a great card! LOVE those fun colors!

Post a Comment