Friday, July 11, 2008

Big Koala Hug


Here is the card (one on one swap organized by Joanne in Gina K forum) I made my Secret Swapper. I also slipped in a few little embellishment goodies. I used sketch SC182 . I really like this sketch - it was fun working with all the squares as long as you could get them lined up well.

Stamps: Cuddles and Hugs
Cardstock: Kraft, Blush Blossom, Ruby Red, SU! Ginger Blossom
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Always Artichoke

Accessories: word window punch, hemp twine, Koh-i-Noor & Prismacolor pencils & baby oil Pin It

16 comments on "Big Koala Hug"

Melanie on 7:34 AM CDT said...

I loved seeing this in the gallery!

Mada on 8:29 AM CDT said...

Aww, what a cutie! That layout is great and your colour scheme is beautiful - Love your card!

Marilyn on 10:03 AM CDT said...

I love this koala bear card - it is sooo stinkin cute!!! Isn't this sketch great - I really enjoyed playing with this one too. Your card turned out fantastic!!

Melissa on 11:50 AM CDT said...

Aw......so sweet Donna!

Many Blessings,
M.

Angie on 1:34 PM CDT said...

I love this! You made those koalas look so cute. Did you use punches for the squares or cut them out with a paper cutter? They look so well placed.

Christi Flores on 1:50 PM CDT said...

This layout is fantastic and I love that koala!!

Kristine on 2:18 PM CDT said...

Looks terrific, Donna! Very cute image, and I love the look of stamping right onto the kraft c.s. Your colors look so good together! =)

P.S.
I got the bg thing to work! We had so much fun trying it on my neice's blog that I decided to change up mine as well. Do you like it? :)

Angie Tieman on 3:30 PM CDT said...

Great card! That sketch worked perfect for this! Love the way you wrapped the hemp around several times too!

Libby Hickson on 3:58 PM CDT said...

So cute! That hemp twine looks perfect with this!

Jessie/knightrone on 5:48 PM CDT said...

This is so totally cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Those little guys are so adorable! I love what you've done with this sketch. Wonderful card!

Barbara Schram on 8:49 PM CDT said...

Someone is going to be so happy when this arrives in the mail! Great background! Love the coloring!

Lee on 12:52 AM CDT said...

Ohhh.......I saw this in the gallery and just LOVE it!!! This really is a fun sketch!! I just love your detail work on these Koalas and the bg stamping is sooooo cool!!! I bet your swap partner is dancing with joy for a "Donna" original!!!!

Carolina on 2:03 PM CDT said...

I love the red base, it really pops the little Koala's - which by the way are colored so beautifully, so soft and perfect! The hemp is a very nice touch!

Rose Ann on 4:32 PM CDT said...

Great job with the sketch!! I love the colors you've used, and the twine!! So, so sweet, too!!

Sandy in NH on 2:50 AM CDT said...

GREAT CARD AND LOVE THE COLORS!!

Post a Comment