Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cozy In & Tutorial for you.


Check out my Bunny Slippers stamp by Paper Pretties! Isn't sleepy (or sick) Sophia adorable in her fluffy robe & bunny slippers? I was so excited to get her, I didn't have any stamps like this at all. I used Kazan's Sketch 5 on the 2 Sketches 4 You blog and had to use my brand new SU! In Colors...Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss & they went so well with Regal Rose I put that in there for an additional color. I also used the smallest flower in Ginormous Flowers on the Pink Pirouette.

Like my layered button? Well it is handmade. Of course I don't have any embellishments to match the new In Colors so I figured I would make my own! Here is a step-by-step to show you how I made it.
I first punched holes with my double circle punch so I could go in with my 3/4" circle punch with correct placement.
Then I laid them on my VersaMark pad and dipped them into clear embossing powder. I ended up layering the powder 3-4 times to make it a little thicker. You could also use or Glassy Glaze powder or Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.

To hold them while I dipped, I used my paper piercer, easy to use the heat gun that way too. The bottom button is a piece of 1-inch circle punch from the Kiwi patterned paper in the NEW Bella Rosa DP. I covered it with embossing powder with no hole punches. What a fun (and less bulky) way to layer buttons - they really look like epoxy stickers you buy at the store. I got the idea for this when I was shopping at Target yesterday...realizing I could make my own since I already had all the supplies! I saved $
Paper Pretties Newsflash!
Don't forget to send in a card using your Paper Pretties stamps to Christie at christie@paperpretties.net, and she will choose a winner from the entries. Besides getting to call yourself a Cutie Pie, you will also get all the stamps from this release for free! You have until July 31st at 8pmCST to get your entries in! Best of luck!
Stampin' In Your Jammies Party!
Join all the Prettie Girls this Friday night, August 1st in the forum for challenges, stamping talk, fun & more!! Also starting Wednesday, the Prettie Girls will have sneak peeks of the sets being released on Friday (you can find a list of all the blogs they will appear in on the right of my blog). There is a new SOTM set you will be sure to LOVE!! Bunny Slippers will be available to purchase beginning Friday.
Pin It

24 comments on "Cozy In & Tutorial for you."

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna your card is beautiful. The adorable image is so delicately colored.. just perfect. And I love your button tutorial. Very cool.

blah on 1:12 PM CDT said...

This is simply adorable! I love the homemade button, too.

Jana Weaver on 2:11 PM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna...and I really love how you did the faux buttons!! You're so smart!!! :-)

Monika/Buzsy on 4:22 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna! Love the button and the tutorial! TFS!
I ahve couple of awards for you!

Bee's Zen Garden on 5:35 PM CDT said...

Love your homemade buttons!!! :-)

Unknown on 6:19 PM CDT said...

love it and thank you so much for posting the tutorial too :) will have to give this one a try too
:) Kazan

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for the buttons!!! Too clever girl!

Love this little image too!

Christi Flores on 7:50 PM CDT said...

That button idea is awesome and what an adorable card!!!

Barbara Schram on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Well, Donna...your work is so inspiring and your card is perfect, every detail is so nicely done! Right down to the buttons! I LOVE it, will have to try it soon! Thanks for showing us how! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

SO sweet!! I love your card.. the image is darling! :)

Unknown on 10:55 PM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna!! Great idea for the buttons too - they are fabulous!! :)

Christie Ortman on 11:50 PM CDT said...

So prettie Donna! Your coloring is amazing! Great technique with the "button" too!

Lee on 12:11 AM CDT said...

*****jaw dropping*****

Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow!!!! Buttons!! Handmade!! Matching any paper and ink!! Do you KNOW how genius you are???!!! Of course you don't, you're too sweet!! Well, you ARE!!!! I can't wait to try this!!! And your Sophia card is the cutest!!!!

Rose Ann on 12:38 AM CDT said...

Donna, your card is so cute and colored so wonderfully!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial as well!! You ROCK!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:01 AM CDT said...

Wow! This card is soooo adorable! Love the coloring on it and omg those handmade buttons! What a neat idea! I will definitely have to use that one. I love using buttons and rarely have any to match! Thanks sooo much for showing this too.

Jessie/knightrone on 11:03 AM CDT said...

Your card is totally adorable, and the self made buttons are GENIUS!!! You go girl!!

huntla1 on 1:11 PM CDT said...

Gotta love your buttons! What a great idea. Your card is adorable!

Theresa Momber on 6:25 PM CDT said...

Love this technique and so cute on your card. TFS!

Catherine on 9:56 PM CDT said...

Love your card and a handmade buttons...gotta love it!

Carolina on 4:12 AM CDT said...

So adorable and awesome tutorial - love this technique and totally spaced on it when I did my faux buttons...which I had stopped by her first!

Christina Fischer on 10:00 AM CDT said...

Okay, the buttons are brilliant! :)

Love this card!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 1:41 PM CDT said...

NO way! That button tutorial is THE best. You're just too brilliant. Love this stamp too and how you've coloured her (to perfection!) :0)

Juliana on 8:11 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is sooo cool!
I have made faux buttons using the punches--but it didn't occur to me to emboss them. (thunks head with palm of hand)

BRILLIANT!!
and such a wonderful accent to that card!!

lifesabeach32940 on 7:20 AM CST said...

Oh, what a COOL TUTORIAL!! I know you posted this months ago, but I just found it quite by accident!! I defintely will give this a try!!

I have one question ... when you say that you layered the powder three to four times to make it a little thicker, what do you mean? Do you use the VersaMark ink each time ... or do you dip them into the embossing powder, heat, then dip again?

Thanks for any help you can provide!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! :)

Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Post a Comment