Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Polly (Squirt) Wants Chocolate-Another Challenge Blog!


Guess what? I found another great challenge blog: Mother's & Daughters Creations. They are on Week 2 of challenges and this time it's a Tool Challenge. To use Nestabilities somewhere on your card. Look at my Doodlefactory animal Squirt is so cute! I thought the saying from Tropics Sentiment Collection 1 went great with it, because squirt is a bird and he's talking thanks to Kim Hughes' Say What set. I also threw in a fun color combo from a swap I got YEARS ago. How many of you collect swaps & never use them? I know I have tons & give away a lot to my customers but there are quite a few that I love this element or that, so every once in a while I will gather them for inspiration. I don't think I ever would have thought to put these 2 colors together but look at them work!!

Stamps: Starving Artistamps Doodlefactory Collection, Tropics Sentiment by Starving Artistamps, Say What from CHF, A*Muse truffle, My Favorite Things How Sweet it is
Cardstock/Inks: Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Rectangle Nestabilities, 1/2 in circle punch, chocolate brads by Queen & Co, sakura stardust pen
Pin It

10 comments on "Polly (Squirt) Wants Chocolate-Another Challenge Blog!"

Barbara Schram on 10:56 PM CDT said...

What a cutie! I love the colors! Such a great card, Donna!

Linsey R on 1:20 AM CDT said...

Bwaahahaha-this card quacks me up, Donna, lol! It's super duper cute and that sentiment--doesn't get much cuter than that! I love that yummy chocolate cb'd background and the "oh fudge" repeated across the bottom panel! WAY ADORABLE! Guess what--I ordered a whole bunch of Starving Artists stamps just because all of your adorable creations and inspiration you shared! I LOvE them and can't wait to play with my little guys too--I got the Doodlefactory mini set, the Halloween dudes-and more, but I can't remember right now, lol! So much fun! TFS your super sweet card today! hugs!

Rose Ann on 1:24 AM CDT said...

This is way cute, and the sentiment is perfect!! LOVE this, Donna!!

Lee on 3:09 AM CDT said...

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! I totally LOVE this sentiment!!!!!! So, so, so true!!! What a little cutie and you're so right......wonderful color combo!!!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:03 AM CDT said...

Hahahaha!! This is sooo wonderful Donna! Love all those colors together and that Squirt is speaking my sentiments exquackly! LOL!

Christi Flores on 12:39 PM CDT said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! I love that sentiment!! What a great card!

Carolina on 4:36 PM CDT said...

Okay, seriously? This is too stinkin' cute!!! The chick is beyond adorable and love the embossed background, the sentiment is literally the cherry on top of the sundae! Hope you're having a good day!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:29 PM CDT said...

This is just so super cute cute cute!!! I love it!!

Cedar Creek on 7:29 PM CDT said...

I want some chocolate too!

Tam on 9:16 PM CDT said...

This little guy is super cute!! Beautiful card - thanks so much for playing along with us!
Tamara

Post a Comment