Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chicky's Water Adventures


I was supposed to be working on my sister's baby shower invitations early this morning when I got up, but I had an idea for the chick in Just so Hoppy to have her adventure in the water. But, she really didn't want to get wet (she's high maintenance at times) so she decided to 'hop' on her colorful umbrella and ride the lake waves with the sun shining at her back. Ah...this is the life.

Used my lilypad wheel again but hand drew the water line, shoreline, cattails, grass & sponged the sun on with the circle punch cut out. And used my stencil for the clouds. Sentiment is Things Hanna Would Say. This was stamped on watercolor paper & colored with aquapainter & ink refills. Pin It

16 comments on "Chicky's Water Adventures"

Kristine on 11:07 PM CST said...

:) heehee... Hey CHICK!! :) This is adorable. LOVE how you added the lilypads down at the bottom. I have that whell--unfortunatley I rarely remember to get them out! :) CUTE CARD!!

Lee on 11:42 PM CST said...

Oh I just ADORE her!!! Your brain never stops, does it??!! I love it!! Chickie looks so cute and prissy staying dry in her umbrella!!!

Jana Weaver on 2:53 AM CST said...

This is beautiful!! I love the way you've colored everything...and so adorable to have her floating along in her umbrella!! Perfect!!

Melanie on 9:33 AM CST said...

send me a pic of this please :)
GREAT cat tails!!!

PS You float my boat!

Linsey R on 12:59 PM CST said...

Donna?! OMGosh! You just took the chick to a whole new level! THIS IS AWESOME!!! I was like, *how did she make those lilypads and flowers, ok the wheel--great thinking! But your skill on the water, grass, cattails and coloring are what really make this card a *wowzer stunner*! I adore how you made her standing on the umbrella crossing the water...she doesn't want to ruffle those feathers, lol! This is so very creative and wonderful! Thank you for creating it and sharing it! It's the most adorable card I've seen so far with this set! (you better have entered it!) HUGS!

TerryK on 1:34 PM CST said...

These are just adorable Donna!!! You are a amazing stamper!!! TFS Take Care TerryK

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 4:02 PM CST said...

Positively sweet card Donna.I played with chicks too this weekend. Have a lovely night.

Denise on 4:14 PM CST said...

Crad is so CUTE & adorable. I love it!

Connie R. on 4:40 PM CST said...

Oh how cute. I love it. Great job on the free hand drawing.

Unknown on 10:58 PM CST said...

Great card Donna!! What a cute little scene you created! :)

Rose Ann on 1:28 AM CST said...

Oh my gosh....this is the cutest, Donna!! I love that scene you've created!! Adorable!!

Monika/Buzsy on 5:45 AM CST said...

This is so cute Donna! Love the scene... the cattails and the sun in the Bg, the chick in the umbrella! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Donna! I love the scene you created!
Hugs and smiles

Marilyn on 6:26 PM CST said...

Donna - this is amazing - love the detail and creativity you've put into this card - so cute!

Unknown on 1:46 PM CST said...

OMG I totally love this! Outstanding!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:55 PM CST said...

This is over the top awesome!!! I love that you used that wheel, I never even thought of it!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment