Friday, March 7, 2008

Peep Show


Who doesn't love the sugary gooey goodness called Peeps?? Well, have you even seen they have more colors of the rainbow AND different shapes like bunnies now? I wanted to showcase my Chicky from Just so Hoppy so I bought the traditional ones. They are two boxes so I wanted to put them in special packaging. How about a gum/candy slider? Since it is two boxes, the lovely lilac only went to far so I needed to add cardstock to the middle. Good enough, but it needed to be decorated. I used my big polka dots & daisies jumbo wheel (retired SU! but I'm not totally sure that is the name or not) which was the first time I used it. Well, look how well it goes with the chicks and the small flower they are holding from Just so Hippy (I pulled it from my for sale pile which I haven't posted yet because I keep finding all these sets I still want to keep).

Here it is open - cute, huh? Wonder how I got the jagged edge of the Yoyo yellow cardstock to look like teeth? I sure don't have any decorative edge scissors like that - so this is what I did with my small star punch...what do you think??

Hope you have a great weekend! I know I have a busy one ahead, have to finish up my taxes, prepare for stamp club next weekend, work on my nephew's baby shower stuff still and stamp for fun, of course! Phew...I'm tired thinking about all this fun! Oh and it's Cupcake Friday on Taylor's blog so I need to do my challenge (one part of my challenge I accomplished this morning-I made REAL cupcakes! Banana ones, yumm-o!) Oh and Beate's WSC38 - I already did a card this morning - will upload soon.
Pin It

15 comments on "Peep Show"

Melanie on 9:48 PM CST said...

I HEART this project!!! PEEP!!

(i din't read carefully enough the first time (sounded like you had the hippys in the sale pile at first-noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Lee on 10:31 PM CST said...

Oh my gosh!! Cute, cute, cute!!!!

blah on 12:33 AM CST said...

Love this one!!!!! My oldest was born Easter Weekend and I made sure my parents brought me Peeps to the hospital--I love Peeps, especially when they're a little stale.

and I will say that you're a more patient person than I am because I would not punch that many times for a cool border :-) I have a hard enough time with my corner punch for a scalloped edge ;-)

Jana Weaver on 7:22 AM CST said...

YOu are SOOO brilliant! I love this way of using hte star punch to make such a neat effect!! Your Peeps holder is perfect! Great job!!!

Angie Tieman on 9:46 AM CST said...

Wow! This is the cutest!! I love that yellow border, so clever to use your star punch!! Thanks for sharing that tip!

Janine on 2:55 PM CST said...

What a great idea to use your star punch the way you did !!! Fabulous.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:24 PM CST said...

OH how cute! What a great way to package the peeps!

Unknown on 7:41 PM CST said...

What a great idea Donna! The whole thing is just too cute! :)

sophia landry on 8:42 PM CST said...

Oh gosh this is cute. I thought it was a card at first glance until I looked at the other pictures and the post. Such an adorable presentation for those candy's. I love these sorts of projects!

Dawn Easton on 9:07 PM CST said...

What a cool project!!! Love your edging too!

Linsey R on 1:47 PM CDT said...

OH, no you didn't!!! THis is WAY COOL! What a super creative idea, I love it! Another one for my great Donna CASE list! xoxox YOu rock!

Rose Ann on 3:35 AM CDT said...

Perfect packaging for those peeps!!! Love your grass too!!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:30 AM CDT said...

SO CUTE! The ideas you come up with... I read Melanie's blog.. Congrats to being on a 'showcase'... you deserve it!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:33 AM CDT said...

So cute! Love the 2 chicks... the ideas you come up with... Congrats on being on Melanie's blog! You deserve it girl!

Vanessa on 4:06 PM CDT said...

I am so glad Melanie debuted you on her blog. . .you totally deserve it! I love this ever so cute idea for packaging the peeps. . .yummy, I just love eating peeps. By the way, I like your new pic of you.

Post a Comment