Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gettin' Crafty with it


Found this trio of craft dough at the Target $1 spot. I thought this would be cute to alter & give as an Easter gift to my niece (she will be 2 April 26).

I stamped the Just so Hoppy sayings & taped around the containers and attached the hoppy animals appropriately. Bunny has 'Somebunny Loves You' Froggy has 'Hoppy Easter' and Chicky has 'You're One of my Favorite Peeps' - cute, huh? The tops have the easter egg (balloon without the tail) and love you from Just so Hippy. See how great the sets coordinate?? Melanie's a genius.

Here is the complete gift for my niece (all from the $1 spot) The craft dough fits perfectly at the bottom of the purse (she LOVES purses) She will get her mommy's purses & line them all up on her arm & walk through the house saying. 'bye bye' - I look forward to seeing her when she becomes a big sister in May!
Pin It

11 comments on "Gettin' Crafty with it"

Lee on 9:24 PM CST said...

Oh is that ever the most precious little gift set!!! Yes, Melanie IS a genius and she's got more comin'!!!! :)

Allison Rankin on 9:49 PM CST said...

What a great idea...love the altered play-doh (this would be fun for Easter too!).

Rose Ann on 1:22 AM CST said...

Awesome project, Donna! Your niece will love this! Soooo cute!!

Anita Knits on 5:20 AM CST said...

Hi there,
I don't know why but I haven't visited you site for a while, anyway just had to write to say how much you made me smile this morning, you've made some fantastic cards. And I had to say THANKS as I've had real laugh at some of them, they are great. Keep up the good work.
Anita

Monika/Buzsy on 5:47 AM CST said...

Cute idea! Love the color match! TFS!

Melanie on 7:03 AM CST said...

what an adorable gift!!! That was such a good idea to deocarate the lids and wrapping the sayings aroudn the can, too I love it!

Janine on 3:05 PM CST said...

What a great gift idea !!!

Connie R. on 8:27 PM CST said...

So cute Donna. You are so creative and do such nice work. I love seeing all the things you come up with.

Jessie/knightrone on 10:53 PM CST said...

What a neato gift idea!!! Love it!!!

Linsey R on 11:15 PM CST said...

These are so wonderful! Your sweet little niece will adore this gift, she's so lucky to have you as her Auntie! how cute, she'll be a big sissy soon, May's not too far away! Blessings and best wishes for your sis! hugs!

Susan Hurley-Luke on 12:43 AM CST said...

Lee suggested I take a look at your altered play doh cans and they are just so cute! What a wonderful gift! Love how you are putting them in the purse, too :-)

I think there will be one happy little girl at Easter time.

Post a Comment