Sunday, March 9, 2008

Springy Candy Jar


I'm working on projects for my stamp club this Thursday as well as my first SU! workshop next Sat in several years. This is one of the projects I put together to show how easily you can put together a small gift to produce a big smile on the recipient's face. I just got my Boho Blossoms punch (I love it). I put Eastern Elegance rub-ons on the band in the middle on the sides (you can see a small glimpse of them). On the top is a scallop punch with the same purple flower with a green ice square rhinestone brad in the center. Inside are Hershey's Dark Chocolate eggs, which I discovered Shelby LOVES.



Here is the little perp. I took this picture a week ago after she got back from the Beauty Salon (which was long overdue) doesn't she look pretty? Remember the Easter Ramekins I posted earlier this week? In the bottom right is the box they were in, see I have a bad habit of covering my floor with projects I have finished, I am working on, etc. Anyone else do that? The thought never occurred to me they would not be safe there. Until this Friday night when I saw the lid was askew and John, while playing Halo 3 looked down and saw Shelby was eating something. He asked me, 'what's Shelby eating?' and it was obvious with the various colored foil remnants that the candy haunting her all week on the floor just needed to be eaten - BY HER! She must have eaten about 6 of them...cleaned them right out of the foil! Bad dog. It was o.k. she wasn't going to die since she's 45 lbs and it was a small amount. But geesh now nothing is sacred. By the way, as I type this she is sleeping away in the same spot but her Daddy is not in the chair (he's in the bedroom) but her little sister Elsie is though. Always wanting to be with us.

Pin It

8 comments on "Springy Candy Jar"

Carolyn King on 2:48 PM CDT said...

What a fun bottle! Love how you dressed it up...and yep---I cover my floor with projects...and since my stamping table is in my bedroom....makes my dh real happy when he trips over everything just trying to get to the bed!

Lee on 3:43 PM CDT said...

I love these.......I'm working on some this weekend too!!! But I have to keep the chocolate away from the naughty dogs, the kids AND me!!! LOL So I hide it and "out of sight, out of mind" really does work for me.....most of the time!!! Shelby sure does look sweet and innocent!!! :)

Janine on 4:09 PM CDT said...

This is a great project!! and I love your little bunny in her Easter Sunday best...

Linsey R on 8:46 PM CDT said...

OH boy, she looks guilty! LOL, what a cutie patootie!! You must show us little Elsie sometime too :) I love furbabies! I don't leave my projects on the floor for this very reason...my Maddie believes she is entitled to any and everything in *her* palace and isn't shy about it! I put everything on our diningroom table, since we only eat in there on holidays and special occasions--and yes, it's completely covered at all times! Ok, I LOVE your super sweet candy jar! So pretty and springy! I gotta get me some purple foiled hershey eggs too, yummo! Great project today, Donna! It's sure to be a great hit at your SU! workshop!

Angie Tieman on 10:50 PM CDT said...

Oooh, love that bottle! Great project for your club members! I am amazed at how much you get done!! Love your puppy dog too!

Velta on 8:40 AM CDT said...

Donna ~ I love the bottle and the bunny card below...but that puppy is too cute. Should be put in a beautiful doggie contest. I have tried my best to get my Piper to stand still for a photo, but she knows what the camera is and is afraid of the flash so she runs from me...but one of these days. Thanks for Sharing...I always love your work :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 9:06 AM CDT said...

Very cute Donna!! Love the colors

Rose Ann on 3:30 AM CDT said...

I love how you've decorated that jar, and the candy looks yummy!! Shelby is soooo cute too!

Post a Comment