Monday, May 19, 2008

Not so Pink Cat Color Challenge



Lauren posted a color challenge as Designer for Pink Cat Studio today and I was inspired to make a beach scene using my Dress Up Lily (Gabby) stamps! The website is not responding for me to link it for you but if you click on I Love the Kitty you can go to the website to look at the stamps). I really should be packing (or resting) but this was priority tonight! My last time to stamp in a week & a half (insert sad face) but it's o.k. I'll be replacing this time with family, friends, good times away from the busyness that is my life at times.

Colors are Night of Navy, Cool Caribbean, Barely Banana, Old Olive or similar. I stamped (partial) Lily and drew in her bathing suit-a little wonky on the right when I went to fill it in with my marker but that's o.k. don't we all have one side of our bodies a little bigger than the other anyway? Makes her look more 'real' see her little belly button?
I used watercolor paper so it would be easy for me to draw my beach - the other stamps are from a SU! retired set Sparkling Summer, lots of fun! I ended up putting some stardust glitter pen on the chair & umbrella and stardust stickles on the beach ball (popped up with dimensionals) but forgot I used a water based marker on those so it bled just a tad. Oh well. Wasn't starting over. Finished it off with Summer Fun from SU! Everyday Flexible Phrases.
We hit a record high today for this date - 95 degrees. Not surprised at all. It is my Godson Avery's birthday today (the big 13) I called him before he left for school and asked if he was excited. He said, "I guess" boys are funny. I look forward to seeing him when we're on vacation, it may turn out to be just a few hours but I will enjoy every minute of it. He is such a great kid.
Pin It

15 comments on "Not so Pink Cat Color Challenge"

Alex on 10:31 PM CDT said...

this is an adorable card Donna - love the summery colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 11:57 PM CDT said...

Ohhh........what a fun beach scene!! And a cute girly card even without a bit of pink!! LOL I love the sparkle and her beach ball is adorable.....great idea to pop it up! Have fun, fun, fun!!! Can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip!! But we sure are gonna miss seeing your fabulous creations!! I'll bet you get tons of inspiration for even more amazing items on your trip!! Get some rest so you really can relax and enjoy!!! Hugs!!!

Melanie on 4:30 AM CDT said...

the swimsuit is GREAT! you always draw such nice little details on your cards :)

Dawn Easton on 8:10 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna, great card and wonderful scene you created!!! Hope you have a FAB time on your vacation!!

Dawn Wheeler on 10:53 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card love how you have done the beach seen ,Dawnx

Melissa on 2:06 PM CDT said...

Donna this card is soooo cute!! I love that you drew Gabby a bathing suit, what a great idea!! Thanks for accepting our challenge!

Nicole on 4:46 PM CDT said...

adorable! great job with the scenery! :D

Bee's Zen Garden on 5:30 PM CDT said...

Cool card, love those colors with the beach theme! :-)

Have fun visiting your family! :-)

Deb Wood on 6:52 PM CDT said...

I'm jealous, it has been so cold and rainy here, actually snowed last night not too far north, yuk!!

This is an adorable beach scene, love it. These stamps are just precious!

Valerie on 10:05 PM CDT said...

what an adorable card! And you did a great job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I don't know that I've ever seen all of these images before.. They are adorable. Love this sweet card.

Lise Roy on 8:24 AM CDT said...

WOW!!!
Beautiful card, I love the scene...

Karen Brooks on 10:00 AM CDT said...

Your card is amazing!!! You do such beautiful work!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:11 PM CDT said...

Oh how adorable! LOVE Lily! Love your beach seen!

Rose Ann on 10:38 PM CDT said...

This is such an adorable little beach scene!! I love it, Donna!!

Post a Comment