Friday, May 30, 2008

the REAL CA or BUST


You know I'm back from vacation by now (just physically) today we went to the Parade of Homes in Lakeway ($1,000,000.00 homes and up) wow! It was neat. Since we're building a home some day, we take elements we see & make notes, pictures, etc. so we will make exactly what we want (and will be allowed in the budget). Anyway - it's going to take me a while to get back in the swing of things but realized I needed to post the card I intended the day I was leaving for vacation. This is using Starving Artist Stamps Urban set with Arno in the plane. I love these images, there's a taxi cab, a helicopter, rocket & skateboard as transportation. I was so excited to make this card & post it because we were headed out that day, but oh well. Better late than never. I used Michelle's (Zindorf) MFT meets City Nights tutorial for my skyline with a few modifications, but I like how it turned out.

We had a wonderful vacation - but are happy to be home as always. Good times, sweet memories and awesome pictures to share with loved ones. I will post a few soon. Just need some time to adjust from the busyness (and I have lots of blog reading to catch up on too) like 989 posts from my favorite blogs!! gasp Pin It

11 comments on "the REAL CA or BUST"

Lee on 11:34 PM CDT said...

WELCOME HOME DONNA!!!!!!!!! Even though you kept us busy with wonderful posts each day..........YOU WERE MISSED!!!! But I'm so happy for you that you got to enjoy family and babies!!! This card is just so cool with the city scape!!! And don't even try to catch up on all those posts!!! You'll never have time to stamp again!!! LOL

Dawn Easton on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Welcome back Donna! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, can't wait to see some pics! How did you neice like the presents?!
Love your card...it's such a wonderful scene that you created!

Barbara Schram on 11:20 AM CDT said...

Welcome Home! Glad you had a wonderful time...and I am so impressed that you still shared your awesome talent with us shile in CA. Rest up and can't wait to see what you will be stampn' up!

Deb Wood on 11:54 AM CDT said...

Welcome Home Donna, glad you had a wonderful time with your family. Now don't go getting me started on this set too, I've already been eyeing it!! I love how you did the skyline, this is adorable! Fabulous coloring!!

Vanessa on 2:43 PM CDT said...

Cool card. . .the skyline looks like Seattle--awww, I just love Seattle. I clicked on Michelle's tutorial, and she is amazing with color.

Glad you a great trip. Welcome back to HOT Texas!

Bee's Zen Garden on 2:52 PM CDT said...

I love that modern skyline! I'm glad you had a great vacation. :-)
Welcome back! :-)

Carolina on 8:35 PM CDT said...

Welcome home Donna!!! Glad you & hubby had a wonderful time in CA and can't wait to see the pics.

The card is amazing! Love the sets you used and your skyline came out wonderful.

BTW - thanks for the information on the stamps...hope to be able to order in the upcoming weeks.

Jessie/knightrone on 11:33 AM CDT said...

So happy you made it home okay!! Super cute card!!

Rose Ann on 12:22 AM CDT said...

This is sooo cute, and you did a fantastic job with that refection!! Good to hear you are home safely, and had a great time!! Hugs!!

Linsey R on 12:21 AM CDT said...

OMgosh, Donna, this is so adorable! What a super fabulous scene and the reflection is awesome! I love it so much! Now, I know the sign says CA in honor of your trip, but I think that one building on the skyline looks a bit like the Space Needle--((hint hint)) LOL ;) Here, you've just returned home and I'm trying to get you to visit Seattle, hehe! I know, probably not gonna happen anytime soon, but that will not stop me from bugging u! :) hugs!

Melanie on 9:00 AM CDT said...

wow, great skyline, you rock! what an adorable set, I had not seen this before! :)

Post a Comment