Sunday, May 11, 2008

TECC15 - Hey Sweetie


These are my cards for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge 15 (TECC15) - sketch. Of course I used my Stampendous Hey There Cupcake set (designed exclusively for Eclectic Paperie) the cupake combinations are MANY! I decided to go with the same cupcake image but with a few differences: colored the frosting on the first one with Stickles star dust glitter and separated the strips of cardstock to let the black show through on the scallop center and positioned the sentiment on the bottom of the cupcake. The colors were inspired by Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz : Cameo Coral, Cool Caribbean, Barely Banana & Basic Black - these days I ADORE putting black on my cardstock - it just POPS! I chose not to use dp for my bg pieces like in Taylor's sketch but chose to use my Large Polka Dot Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms with Versamark ink.
On this other card, I put some Cameo Coral sprinkles on the cupcake & outlined the frosting with my Copic silver glitter pen. The cherries are both covered with Crystal Effects for shine.

Pin It

13 comments on "TECC15 - Hey Sweetie"

Carolyn King on 11:05 AM CDT said...

so adorable--LOVE that cupcake set--your cards are great!

Taylor on 11:46 AM CDT said...

So so cute, Donna! I absolutely love that color combo too... gonna have to save that one to my inspirations book! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!

Janine on 1:06 PM CDT said...

Love the blocking of paper and the sentiment is great...

Lee on 4:55 PM CDT said...

Oh YUM!!! You know those colors remind me of an old-fashioned Ice Cream Parlor!!! So pretty and just so...........YUMMMMMMMY!!! Very cute sketch too!! Ah now I wanna cupcake!! LOL

Angie Tieman on 5:55 PM CDT said...

This is beautiful, Donna! And now I'm craving a sugary cupcake, thank you very much! Hope your Mother's Day is going well!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:08 PM CDT said...

ADORABLE, Donna! What a sweet card!

Jessie/knightrone on 1:28 AM CDT said...

This is completely adorable!!!

Pamela Smerker on 10:26 AM CDT said...

Oh the is so sweet!! I love the color combo and the cute cupcake!! Yummy!!

Rose Ann on 2:08 PM CDT said...

I love your cupcake cards, Donna!! Great layout and colors!! Sweet!!

Melanie on 7:57 PM CDT said...

very cute, I sitll nee to play with my 'cakes!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 10:45 PM CDT said...

Ouuuuu!!! these colours are YUMMMMY! And that layout is superdeeduperty tasty too. :0) mel

Jennie Skaggs on 1:33 PM CDT said...

These are darling...love your colors. Jennie

Libby Hickson on 10:00 PM CDT said...

These are so cute!! Love what you did with the sketch, the colors are great and I also love your the black makes it pop. What yummy cupcake cards!!

Post a Comment