Friday, May 9, 2008

Whoot Whoot - Mytime Sketch


Happy Friday, Y'all! I am SO happy about the weekend - it has been a very trying (tiring) emotionally draining week with trials of family & close friends that are near & dear to our hearts. God will see them through & of course we will be there for them (in good times & bad) but I am expecting to see GOOD come out of it all because that's the way our mighty God is.

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all..."
{Psalm 34:17-19}
So here I am - a day I go to work at 1:00 p.m. I like it a LOT! I slept in 'just a tad bit' and wanted so badly to try a few of my new products (and Lauren's Sketch for Saturday a day early) and post before I head out to get my Driver's License renewed (ugh) before it expires on my birthday -since we'll be out of town at the end of the month I don't want to wait until the last minute or have to do it the day we get back!)

I went shopping at my LSS and got some needed white polyshrink (I'll show you my neat project this weekend, you will want to see it, esp if you have (or buy, make things for) little girls *wink* I also found Tim Holtz' Grungeboard there! Whoot Whoot - that's what I put as my embellishment in the upper right corner. That stuff feels like SUEDE, it's awesome! Can you believe you get 96 shapes (10 sheets) for only $7.99!!? I had no idea it was such a deal! I am putting a little something special in a card to a stamping friend today that I bet she will adore from my find! Then I found some Metallic Rub-ons that Gina K introduced on her blog a few months ago (and forgot to buy the last time I made an order in her store) but hey - we do need to support our LSS (local stamping stores) so I was happy I found it! SCORE! It came with 7 colors and for ONLY $3.99!! I KNOW, I couldn't believe my eyes (and for you local gals, I took their last one). It is the Earth Tones Kit #2 with Colonial, Nubian, Pewter (which is what I used on my card), Olive, Deep Gold, Gunmetal and Brass. I just rubbed it on my grungeboard tag and put rhinestone brads in it.

How cute is Twinkx by Doodle Factory by Starving Artist Stamps cutting a rug on this card? Can't you just hear him saying, 'Whoot Whoot'? Which, by the way is from Kim Hughes' U R A Hoot by Cornish Heritage Farms - it just went perfectly with him!

Of course I had to use my DCWV Glitter Stack (since I'm addicted to it) for this guy - I am going to send this card to my sister who just had surgery this week and is recovering just fine (not the one that's ready to have my nephew). I decided I didn't need to color Twinkx in because of all the busyness of the paper but his crown sure shines! I colored it in with a yellow glaze pen. The silver metallic paper strip behind the image is by SU! I even cut & embosses my main image with my circle nestability and rubbed more metallic paste around it for depth.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It

13 comments on "Whoot Whoot - Mytime Sketch"

Anonymous said...

Darling card! That grungeboard is cool. That does seem like a great deal.. so many shapes. That's less than a $1 a sheet! Have a great weekend.

Lee on 12:28 PM CDT said...

OH gosh is this cute!! So perfect with that dp! And the suede-like embellies..........awesome find!!! Hope your sister has a quick recovery!!!

Lauren (mytime) on 3:26 PM CDT said...

Oh that is one HOT card! Love the whoot whoot sentiment! totally awesome! Thanks for playing. I hate getting my license photo done-BLAH!!!!!!!!

Carolyn King on 8:49 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a great shopping trip--love that grungeboard stuff.
Love your card too!

Deb Wood on 8:58 PM CDT said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad week, but you are so right God would not give us more than we can handle and we always have each other for the rest. This card is adorable and I am loving that little kritter, I have a big kick, but will try it and thanks for the advice!!

Rose Ann on 9:25 PM CDT said...

This is soooo cute, Donna! Great job with the sketch too! I love it!!

Unknown on 10:12 PM CDT said...

What a cute card Donna! I'm with you on the weekend thing - hope it's a good one for you! :)

Angie Tieman on 10:51 PM CDT said...

LOVE this! So cute and fun! The colors are great and perfect with that stamp...I've been eyeing those stamps for awhile myself, and you're not helping now! Can't wait to see the new stuff you share this weekend from your shopping trip!

Dawn Easton on 11:22 PM CDT said...

Donna, your card is adorable! Great job on this sketch! I've got to get at this tomorrow!
Hope that things look up for you and your family/friends soon!

sophia landry on 9:12 AM CDT said...

That little fellow seems like a real ham lol. I love how you used the black and white for this card, but my favorite is definitely that sentiment! Whoot, whoot!

Unknown on 1:20 PM CDT said...

WOW.. that image just made me laugh!!! LOVEIT!

Jessica

Jessie/knightrone on 11:39 PM CDT said...

This card is too cute, hope things are better.

Melanie on 8:01 PM CDT said...

that image is a hoot! whoot!!

Post a Comment