Thursday, May 8, 2008

WSC46 & CC164 - Happy Mother's Day


I really LOVE the color challenge from last week on SCS CC164 - Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky & Basic Black so I made several cards using it. The first is Beate's Weekend Sketch WSC46 The Happy Mother's Day is a clear stamp set (but I can't remember who makes it, I got it last year on clearance at Hobby Lobby) it's all holidays


This is an oldie but goodie layout for me so it was real easy to do this as well. Works great as a one sheet wonder when you have to do multiples.

This is actually the first card I did for this color combo, I have a somewhat difficult time with long card but I think this turned out nice. I stamped the bird in versamark on soft sky & used clear embossing powder. Decided I didn't want to mat the bird so I just sponged the edges to make it stand out a little (this is like a modified faux embossing).

Pin It

9 comments on "WSC46 & CC164 - Happy Mother's Day"

Vanessa on 1:00 PM CDT said...

I really like the bird. I love your cards Donna!

Deb Wood on 3:59 PM CDT said...

These are beautiful!! I love these colors too. The long card is gorgeous, love how you did that bird!

I am trying to work with that set right now, let's see if I can come anywhere close.

Thanks for the beautiful card I love that backgrounder and I have that out too, I was thinking it would be pretty for Mother's Day. Anyway that was so sweet and thoughtful of you. I love the layout and the colors. Thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

All three cards are wonderful, Donna. The layouts are all beautiful. I loved this color combo, too.

Angie Tieman on 7:11 PM CDT said...

These are all so beautiful!! HOw on earth do you get so much done?! You are a stamping machine!

retiredheather on 7:20 PM CDT said...

Lovely card. The ribbon certainly finishes off the card. Love the colors. Great going.
Retired Heather

Lee on 7:51 PM CDT said...

Oh wow Donna!!! These are all beautiful and showcase that wonderful color combo for sure!! I also love that long card....it's so elegant!!!

Linsey R on 8:22 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are each so lovely in their own way! I love to see how you can create so many wonderful things from simple paper and stamps! You are a master of this and it's such a pleasure to see! Wonderful work buddy! HUGS!

Rose Ann on 9:27 PM CDT said...

All of these are very beautiful, and I love the colors as well!! The font on that Mother's Day stamp is so nice as well!!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:41 PM CDT said...

All of these are fabulous!!! Love them!!!

Post a Comment