Monday, June 22, 2009

2S4Y: Starving Artistamps Sponsor


CPS 062209

This week, Starving Artistamps is sponsoring the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge!  

It is a great sketch; I immediately thought of making a cabbie scene with NumNum acting like an Italian New Yorker by omitting the cookie from his hand, yelling out the side of his cab asking if anyone needs a lift!  I’ve had this little cab from Doodlefactory Urban & Urban sentiment set #1 for a while now just waiting to be inspired to make the perfect card for it.  Well, it wasn’t until the Rooftops backdrop was made that really inspired me to make a city scene with the taxi cab!  I just adore these backdrops; they increases the versatility of these unique sets 2-fold!!

You oughta play along with the great sketch, because one random winner will get a FREE Oh, Baby You’re Super Collection.  Be sure to check out all the cards the design team came up with using this sketch on the Starving Artistamps blog.

Lastly, more Doodlefactory News!  Save the Date!!  Wednesday, July 8th at 10:00 a.m. CST the design team will have a blog hop to debut a new one of a kind Doodlefactory set with you!  I’m so excited about it and I’m sure you Doodlefactory fans will be too!!  EEEK!!

Pin It

12 comments on "2S4Y: Starving Artistamps Sponsor"

Muffin on 11:21 AM CDT said...

I love Numnum in that cab, it's just hilarious! Great card! :D

DoodleFactory on 11:49 AM CDT said...

This is very funny and cute Donna. I was just thinking you're so good at coming up with little scenes and storylines - I should totally hire you to write little vignettes for my characters and we could pitch a DF cartoon to some producers ;)

Sandra MacLean on 1:08 PM CDT said...

I'm very excited! :D This card is fabulous Donna!

Jenn on 8:21 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! I love the colors you used and the un-colored background really makes the cab and Numnum POP!

Juliana on 8:39 PM CDT said...

VERY COOL, Donna!
I like the almost comic book vibe of this!!
Brilliant use of that circle!!

Carolina on 2:55 AM CDT said...

Well you know I love your DF cards, but this one is one of my favs - love the art nouveau meet comic book look to your card - awesome!!!

Unknown on 2:48 PM CDT said...

So cute! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for playing and great take on the sketch
:) Kazan

~Lori Roop on 3:25 PM CDT said...

Too cute!! Love it! TFP!

cnelson on 5:10 PM CDT said...

so cute! love it!!

Latisha on 12:48 AM CDT said...

This is so super cute, just wonderful!!
hugs
Latisha

~amy~ on 11:45 PM CDT said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

claudia shadler on 2:16 AM CDT said...

Simply cute, oh my this card makes me tickle! Awesome take on the sketch, awesome stamps!

Clouds :D

Post a Comment