Friday, June 12, 2009

TECC72: A Time for Everything…


 TECC72 Sympathy

Happy Cupcake Friday y’all!  I have a sad and happy card Occasion to share with you today; that way they balance each other out.  Like the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:2, there is

A Time for Everything
a time to be born and a time to die…

Back in March, Lee Murphy, her DH and DS visited us and introduced us to a fun hobby!!  I wanted to save info on this hobby for a special post and I’ll go into more details some other time, but for now I’ll tell you it’s something that has made John and I get outdoors and exercise!  It’s also brought some fun people into our lives and one of those people, Andrew died unexpectedly last Monday, much to the shock of a lot of people {he was only 45 and was married for 22 years and has 3 children, ages 18, 14 and 11}.  We visited the family at their home (which happens to be in our neighborhood) the night of the memorial service.  Next week, we plan to take a meal to them and the above card is for them as well.  Since these are outdoorsy people, I made my card quite masculine and earthy with Granola paper by Basic Grey.  I also used the new Lasting Impressions set Faith & Hope for my focal image. 

TECC72 Taylor Bday

Now for the Happy Occasion!  It’s Taylor’s Birthday today and this is the card I made for her to celebrate!  Have you read the exciting news on her blog?  I am thrilled for her!!  For the card I made her, I used just the Beary Special Accessories to show you how versatile they can be and even used alone!   But of course, considering how much fun I am having with both the sets I would highly recommend both sets to increase your stamping mileage you get from them!  I used papers from the Freebird Collection by My Mind’s Eye on my card and colored everything with prismacolor pencils, blended with odorless mineral spirits. 

TECC72

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try out - how about a sweet Spring Treat? Taylor is giving away a FREE Tiny Twinkles to one random winner from among all the people who upload their sketch challenge cards to Paper CraftPlanet using the same TECC72 keyword. So hop on over and upload your card at PaperCraftPlanet and you could be the winner of some cute twinkle bling! It’s as easy as that!!! Be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog and leave a link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! RememberTaylor changed the deadline for your submissions! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but now you'll have a week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be eligible for the Featured Cupcake Sampler have them linked by Friday, June 19th at 10am CST for consideration of the week’s Featured Cupcake Sampler.

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor Van Bruggen – leave her some sweet Birthday Wishes!
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Today we have Bonnie Sharp as our Featured Cupcake Sampler!!


And we also have Julie Smith as Our Friday Friend on the Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog

Go give these ladies some stamping love today and have a SWEET one!  Pin It

12 comments on "TECC72: A Time for Everything…"

Lynn Mercurio on 10:20 AM CDT said...

Both cards are lovely Donna. So sorry about your friend...that's never easy, and his being so young seems so tragic .

Karen Motz on 10:20 AM CDT said...

Donna, so sorry to hear about your friend...it's never fun making those types of cards but yours is beautiful. And you put the smile back on my face with the adorable birthday card for Taylor...so sweet!!! Hugs!

Jami on 10:41 AM CDT said...

Love the way you used the accessories set - super cute! And I'm very sorry about your friend - that is a lovely card!

Vicki Chrisman on 11:16 AM CDT said...

Both cards are just so beautiful in their own way.
Sorry for your loss Donna.

Taylor on 11:34 AM CDT said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Donna. It's so nice that you're able to bless them with a meal and your presence. I love the birthday card you created too! So fun to see how you used the accessories! Thanks for making my day special!

Jackie Pedro on 11:56 AM CDT said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Donna...How wonderful for them to be blessed by your friendship...

Your card for Taylor is wonderful! I'm sure she'll love it!

Monika/Buzsy on 12:14 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love the images and colors on both! TFS!

Bonnie on 12:58 PM CDT said...

What a cool way to use the Beary Special accessories...very fun! I am sorry about the loss of your friend....stuff like that is so hard to understand... kwim?

Sherrie on 3:35 PM CDT said...

Hey Donna, love BOTH your cards! Sweet one you did for Taylor...your coloring rocks!

Carolina on 2:00 AM CDT said...

Sorry to hear about your loss and so sweet of you to reach out and just be you...such a kind gesture to do for them.

Taylor's Birthday card is just lovely!!!

Lee on 2:40 AM CDT said...

I'm so sorry Donna!!! Please know I'm sending hugs and prayers for Andrew's family!!!! I have a difficult time making sympathy cards, and I think this one is just wonderful and will mean so much to his family! And Taylor's card is soooo dang cute!!! Big hugs to you and John!!!!!!

Vicki Chrisman on 10:33 PM CDT said...

SO SO SORRY for missing your link Donna!!! I was in way too much of a hurry obviously! My appologizes!

Post a Comment